Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

Everything was done according to instructions
no, as previously mentioned, your wifi needs to be set to internal

not sure why you have those other 3 set to internal for...?

also everything else looks wrong as well

I didn't set anything, it was like that. If I set it to internal and then paste the kext, it will be USB3 again after the restart

I didn't set anything, it was like that. If I set it to internal and then paste the kext, it will be USB3 again after the restart
then you have done something wrong....

Hackintool isn't the best place to show a USB configuration for an AMD hack.
  1. It doesn't always display the ports correctly.
  2. Can switch connector types without any input from the user.
I know this from experience.

You would be better served providing a copy of the USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext you created, along with 'Comments' confirming which port is which as you discovered them.

Example below from my Asus X570 system. I used USBMap.kext to generate the USB configuration and it works just great, but Hackintool doesn't display the ports correctly.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 23.12.29.png XHC1 USB controller ports

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 23.12.46.pngXHC0 USB controller ports

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 23.14.10.png XHC0-1 USB controller ports

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 23.14.30.png Hackintool > USB tab with incorrect and missing USB info.

Here

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 0
It would help if you added comments/names to each port, so we knew which port in the UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist related to the physical or internal ports on your machine.

If I recall correctly using option 'N' would allow you to add the names/descriptions for each port, before you finalise the configuration and export the kext when using USBToolBox in Windows (same as it does in USBMap script, which the USBToolBox script is based on).
  1. If you only have 4 x USB3 and 1 x Type-c external ports/connectors in your system, you shouldn't have any ports set as USB2 (0).
  2. You should only have 2 x ports set as Internal (255) for the Bluetooth and Audio devices.
  3. You should have 8 x ports set as USB3 (3), 4 x HSxx ports and 4 x SSxx ports (companion ports).
  4. With 2 x ports set as Type-c+sw (9), if that is the correct type and it isn't a 'Type-C without switch' (10) connector.
Looking at the details in your UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist I would comment as follows:
  • There are 4 x ports set as Type-c+sw, but only one Type-C connector.
    • I think you should change these 4 x ports to 'type-c without switch' (10).
    • As it is likely the 4 x ports are all served from the single Type-C connector.
  • None of the SSxx ports should be set as Internal (255), so XHC1 > SS02 is not correct.
    • This port should be set as USB3 (3)
  • XHC0 > HS03, XHC1 > HS02 & HS03 should not be set as USB2 (0) physical ports.
    • They should all be set as USB3 (3).
Looking at the contents of your UTBMap.kext I would say you made a complete 'Pigs Ear' of your USB port discovery.

You don't seem to have learned much Hacking this AMD system, as you keep making the same mistakes.

This is a screenshot showing your current UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist (viewed in ProperTree).
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.17.33.png Current USB port configuration.

This screenshot shows how the ports should be configured, given the details I listed above.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.18.11.png Revised/edited USB configuration.

The three screenshots below are provided as an example of what a correctly configured USB port configuration should look like (in a desktop system). The screenshots were taken from the USBMap.kext showing the USB configuration from my AMD X570 system, with the comment entries describing each port. They make understanding why each port has been set with the specific connector type much easier.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.16.08.png Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.16.31.png Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 20.16.57.png

Adding the comment description/name makes it much easier for someone else to understand which port is which and where it is located in or on the system.

I have attached a copy of the revised UTBMap.kext, see if this makes any difference to how your USB ports work.

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
Thanks EdHawk, now all USB ports seem to work. Unfortunately, the hoped-for WiFi function did not materialize.

I tested everything once with USB 2 and USB 3 stick

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 00.02.47.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 00.02.47.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 4
WiFi isn't USB related, not if you have the AX210NGW card installed in an M.2 connector on the motherboard of your AMD system.
  1. WiFi requires the correct Airportitlwm.kext for the version of macOS you are using.
  2. It requires the WiFi device to be detected by macOS.
  3. It requires the WiFi interface to be present and enabled in macOS.
Without these three elements your Intel WiFi card won't work in macOS.

Hello EdHawk,

Then I did everything right. I only use your EFI No.4 and as requested I only change and test with the EFI.

The card is an M2 card and is plugged into the board.

I'm just using the kext you gave me (I assume Airportitlwm for Sonoma 14.4 Alpha)
Points 2 and 3 from your posting only seem to work with the correct EFI settings, which we are trying to find out.

The card was installed exactly according to the instructions here from the forum for the AX210.
The card works and it shows the “Wrong attached EFI” which is not for my computer. But it shows that it can be done. I don't use this EFI. Because she is wrong. It is only intended to serve as an example.

As a newbie, I can read the Dortania Guide as often as I want, but I definitely won't be able to find the reason why the wrong EFI works and your EFI 1 to 4 doesn't because I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

I would be happy to show it in a video if desired.

Attachments

• Wrong EFI but WIFI doesn't work.zip
    35.1 MB · Views: 1
Attached are the EFI and the System Result folder created on Windows.

Could you take a look or help me please. Is everything correct so far or do I have to change a lot more?

Attachments

• Resultswindows 22-4-24.zip
    82.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back