Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i've had spent a lot of time testing out various configurations in the BIOS with no luck. Also tried out the F9a beta bios for a short while which didn't help much either. The only fix I know of is if i were to revert back to 3,1. I believe its something to do with the ECC Memory in Mac Pro SMBIOS's that gets around the problem.

I don't know if the F9a BIOS will help you at all. AllanMarcus and I are both using the F11c BIOS for the UD5H which supposedly includes memory compatibility fixes, but he hasn't reported back yet, and I manually restarted yesterday, so not enough time has passed for me to say anything about my system's stability right now. You can try bumping your RAM voltage up by 0.05V, but that didn't help me at all.

Well they also did a 1.1 revision of that board.

I think it all depends on what time the board was bought. If it was bought when it first came out then rev 1.0 would of come first and 1.1 came at a later date.

I don't know if the F9a BIOS will help you at all. AllanMarcus and I are both using the F11c BIOS for the UD5H which supposedly includes memory compatibility fixes, but he hasn't reported back yet, and I manually restarted yesterday, so not enough time has passed for me to say anything about my system's stability right now. You can try bumping your RAM voltage up by 0.05V, but that didn't help me at all.

Do you have XMP Profile set to Profile 1?

Yeah the F9a BIOS didn't have any Memory stability improvements mentioned. It was still worth a shot with what options i had left to try :p . THB i think it reduced my systems overall stability as I had a few KPs happen out of the blue. Though that could have been due to running 15,1 as well. Gone back down to F8 and stability is back to how it was, minor the waking from sleep.

Haven't tried changing the rams voltage yet. sounds like it could be worth a try too.

Yeah the F9a BIOS didn't have any Memory stability improvements mentioned. It was still worth a shot with what options i had left to try :p . THB i think it reduced my systems overall stability as I had a few KPs happen out of the blue. Though that could have been due to running 15,1 as well. Gone back down to F8 and stability is back to how it was, minor the waking from sleep.

Haven't tried changing the rams voltage yet. sounds like it could be worth a try too.

What RAM do you have? got a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back