Contribute
Register

Memory corrupted after longer sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang fire on that :) This may well be fixable. Page 4 and 10 of the User Manual gives the clues.

Yeah i don't attend to look at the manual i just look at the Memory support list lol.

I have seen something similar to this issue with a previous build, and that was memory related. 2 different packs, same spec and capacity.

funny you say that. Awhile ago i bought 1 4GB stick then bought another 4GB stick of RAM even tho they were the same spec and same model number they turned out to be different by looking at the chips on both of the sticks. Even tho the machine wouldn't post.

funny you say that. Awhile ago i bought 1 4GB stick then bought another 4GB stick of RAM even tho they were the same spec and same model number they turned out to be different by looking at the chips on both of the sticks. Even tho the machine wouldn't post.

Its why they sell them in matched pairs. From what I have seen, VirtualRecess may well have bought 2 different sets, each set being matched pairs, but put together they are slightly different. XMP settings can have an effect, and also which slot each ram stick goes in. A gigabyte board of mine crapped out every time until I arranged them in a certain order when I had 2 matched sets.

Its why they sell them in matched pairs. From what I have seen, VirtualRecess may well have bought 2 different sets, each set being matched pairs, but put together they are slightly different. XMP settings can have an effect, and also which slot each ram stick goes in. A gigabyte board of mine crapped out every time until I arranged them in a certain order when I had 2 matched sets.

I think its better to buy them in kits in general. But i know i won't be buying one stick and then another again. Im using XMP with this RAM and works fine.

Can you take 10 mins to take all four ram chips out and post all the part numbers, model numbers, serial numbers etc ? Also which slot each one is in ?

There could be a really simple solution to the issue you are having.

Right I'm back. Just re-read your request and just missed the part about which slot each was in. Though i had it as 1x2x1x2 (1=Kit A)(2=Kit B)

DDR3_1 (Kit A) DDR3_3 (Kit B) DDR3_2 (Kit A) DDR3_4 (Kit B)

Here are the Sticks

First Kit
1 Left.jpeg

1 Right.jpeg

Second Kit
2 Left.jpeg
2 Right.jpeg

Right I'm back. Just re-read your request and just missed the part about which slot each was in. Though i had it as 1x2x1x2 (1=Kit A)(2=Kit B)

DDR3_1 (Kit A) DDR3_3 (Kit B) DDR3_2 (Kit A) DDR3_4 (Kit B)

Here are the Sticks

First Kit
View attachment 214692
View attachment 214693

Second Kit
View attachment 214694 View attachment 214695

The CAS Latency is the same on all sticks. Except the part numbers are different. Does sleep work fine with just using the same stick with the same part numbers?

The CAS Latency is the same on all sticks. Except the part numbers are different. Does sleep work fine with just using the same stick with the same part numbers?
I was using just a single kit for a good while on 14,2 and waking from sleep was still a problem.

I was using just a single kit for a good while on 14,2 and waking from sleep was still a problem.

Attach you're config which you are using currently. Btw how have you patched AppleLPC? reason why I'm asking is AppleLPC doesn't load native on Z97 platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back