Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI-H81M-E33
CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 1050
Hello,

I installed mavericks with the guide provided here in Tonymacx86. The installation went without problem. First usage of Mavericks is also without freezes or anything. But the problem is that when I select the without DSDT option or install the easybeast bundle from multibeast (after reboot) my hackintosh freezes in about 30 seconds. There is no kernel panic or any visible action. It just freezes until I reboot. After another reboot same thing happens again. This never happened in hackintosh Lion (wich I used for almost 1 year) and Mavericks is a clean installation if that matters. My system specs are below:

Mobo: msi x58m
GPU: GTX560 TI
CPU: 2.67 GHZ i7
RAM: 4GB 1069 MHz DDR3

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I had the exactly same problem. I fixed it by reinstalling and then doing everything step by step.
After fresh install i updated mac regularly. reboot.
Installed chimera. reboot.
installed audio drivers(with DSDT), boot flags, easybeast. reboot.

Done.

I hope it helps :)

Will try and report back mate. Thanks.

I had the exactly same problem. I fixed it by reinstalling and then doing everything step by step.
After fresh install i updated mac regularly. reboot.
Installed chimera. reboot.
installed audio drivers(with DSDT), boot flags, easybeast. reboot.

Done.

I hope it helps :)

Tried your way but no luck. It just freezes after the first reboot. Any suggestions?

Edit: If anyone having a similar problem Apfelring's suggestions worked with a little more tinkering. And I solved the issue by following the steps below:

1) Clean install Mavericks
2) Download Multibeast for MV and install only Chimera (last version) + Basic boot options (+ GraphicsEnabler=YES if you have GTX560 TI)
3) Enable HPET on your BIOS (Also enabling ExecuteBit helps sometimes)
4) Reboot into -x safe mode (Since it will not boot normally)
5) Open up Multibeast & install FakeSMC
6) Reboot normally
7) Voila!

(I did not require more kexts from multibeast since the ethernet was already working and I have an external Behringer audio interface which does not need any driver to function)
I will post if something comes up.

I just did the latest Apple update to Mavericks and now I'm getting the same thing. works for a few seconds or minutes then a solid freeze up, screen looks like a static screen shot with mouse pointer in view. Nothing but a reset does anything.

Belated information, if it helps anyone with a similar problem:

If you're booting without a DSDT and your system hangs after a minute or two, this probably means that you need to load NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back