Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

My favorite feature so far is inline predictive text with the supposed 'Machine Learning', I still haven't had enough time for the OS to learn my typing habits but it has already sped up my writing. I never understood how this was always great on smartphones yet so terrible in computers so I welcome this change.

Theres lots of minor cool stuff but nothing really revolutionary for people who are power-users, for average not so techy folks theres tons of cool stuff that previously would require 3rd party apps. (I'm guessing this is mostly the target audience of most recent MacOS updates)

Sure, it's attached below, make sure to fill in your PlatformInfo stuff. I changed the ROM, MLB and Serial to "CHANGE THIS".
Note I am no expert, it's basically @pastrychef 's EFI updated to the latest OC + removal of a couple of outdated stuff + fixes for Broadcom WIFI.
Thanks for sharing your EFI but it doesn't work on my hack.

Thanks for sharing your EFI but it doesn't work on my hack.

That will depend on the changes you made to match your different hardware - unless you were using on a Z370 and RX560/580 combo they are different setups.

What edits did you do?

Installation worked perfectly easy with OpenCore 0.9.5. WiFi is up and running due to Patches described here in the

My impression is very positive on Sonoma, it is a bit snappier I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the plan for future Opencore releases to fix the wifi problems?
I'm waiting on that because I tried the Opencore Legacy Patch fix but I bricked my system (I used my backup to recover from it).

Upgraded with no issues. WiFi fixed as well using the Opencore Patcher.
Unfortunately, I can't get mine working with same configuration minus the RX560 where I have the RX580.

If you follow that guide to a tee, it should work.

See this link. Scroll down to the Nightly link near the bottom.

View attachment 572398
thanks for that info. I managed to get the wifi patches done using OCLP 1.0. one thing to watch for, when laptop wakes from sleep, wifi slows down extremely.

Updated OC and kexts, plus changed MaxKernel to 23.99.99 for relevant Patches and all went well.
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 7.00.19 PM.png

I got my intel wifi working the latest preview version of AirportItlwm, however the wifi won't automatically turn on upon every start up, and I need to manually turn it on to connect. Did I miss anything? I am using Opencore 0.9.4.

Back