Contribute
Register

macOS Sonoma is Now Available From the Mac App Store

SONOMA Ryzen 3700X, X570 PRIME and RX580 works!

Upgraded from Ventura.

Everything works except Ethernet and Broadcom WIFI, although BT works. Using USB Ethernet Dongle instead.

Just updated the OC to the latest and Kernel Patches. Make sure all drives are disconnected to upgrade, otherwise, it does not boot and I get Exit BS error.

EFI link: https://bitbucket.org/siddharth_shekar/sonoma_3700x_x570_rx580_efi/src/main/

1696201327408.png

I would not upgrade at all. Don't see anything special on Sonoma other than silly features. Definitely not needed for a daily work flow. Sonoma is just a play ground for more and more silly features. Nothing serious!
You are 100% correct. Not worth upgrading.

All good so far, OC 0.9.5 Followed all the instructions to get my WIFI working ( BCM94360C2 ) here under 'hackintosh notes'.

Using OpenCore-Patcher means I'll have to keep my hack's SIP disabled, right?
View attachment 572119
Can you elaborate more? I can't get my Broadcom to work even after following those instructions. There's something being left out on that guide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you elaborate more? I can't get my Broadcom to work even after following those instructions. There's something being left out on that guide.
If you follow that guide to a tee, it should work.

Where to find 0.6.9? only see 6.8?
See this link. Scroll down to the Nightly link near the bottom.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 11.10.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello, thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately it does not work. MFI and AMFI seems to be different subjects, MFI is "Made For iOS/iPad/iPhone": https://mfi.apple.com/en/home and AMFI is "Apple Mobile File Integrity". Since Sonoma, the microphones of Rode are disabled by missing MFI certification. I could imagine there may be some solution to "mfi_get_out_of_my_way".

Dr.Hofmann
Good question about the BT, for some reason it took a few restarts to get it going. Has anyone else experienced this?. Also another thing, clicking the Wi-Fi tab in system settings reboots the computer, I can select networks from the menu bar though!. Reported it NootedRed but they said report it Itlwm, just like a call center!.
had the same issue with BT (and wifi) using a Broadcom (bcm94360ng) card and applying the fix. It's quite stable now though

Back