Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Do you have DDR3 ram? As long as you have that you should be ok to use a few options. The iMac 14.2 is what the new Multibeast (Sierra version) uses if you're not sure or don't select anything when using it for Sierra.

Rather than using multicast you can also use this method. This is if you used clover boot loader on your original instal.

Try downloading Clover Configurator and EFIMounter (google them). Run EFI mounter and open EFI folder then open clover folder. Drag config.plist. to desktop. Then right click on desktop copy and choose "open with" clover configurator. Make sure to check simbios and generate a new system definition (there is a magic want on the right hand side of window) and serial number. Go to RTVariables and add your serial number and put 3 capitol letters at end of number. Then go to System preferences and generate a uuid number. These three things are necessary for your system to look like it's official for iMessage and App Store to work right. Hit save and then close clover configurator. Now you have a new config.plist on your desktop which you can drag to you refi clover folder to replace the old one. Also check in your main partition for EFI backups and replace that config.plist as well.

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
2.8Ghz Intel Core i7
Graphics
GeForce 9800 GTX
Mac
Mac Pro
Er, Just a quick one. I've done loads of reading about serials... Structure length etc. More confusion and lots of conflict.

Pike's Universum
How to fix imessage
fitzweekly
reddit
facetime fix

Clover produces an 11 char's serial. I thought modern serials were 12 Char's? Also MLB was supposed to be 17 char's. Do you mean to copy the generated clover Mac serial and insert it in Rt Variables (for MLB) and then add 3 random capital characters? Sorry to be so dumb. : )

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Er, Just a quick one. I've done loads of reading about serials... Structure length etc. More confusion and lots of conflict.

Pike's Universum
How to fix imessage
fitzweekly
reddit
facetime fix

Clover produces an 11 char's serial. I thought modern serials were 12 Char's? Also MLB was supposed to be 17 char's. Do you mean to copy the generated clover Mac serial and insert it in Rt Variables (for MLB) and then add 3 random capital characters? Sorry to be so dumb. : )
Yes, copy it over and then add 3 random capitol letters. I read it somewhere and have had no problems. There may also be an issue with the new 2 part or double security verification they are using now.

Motherboard
ASUS p8z77-v
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi!
I plan on updating to Sierra, from ML 10.8.3, with a fresh install.

I get a little confused by reading the posts on here.

Running 10.8.3, Appstore doesn't let me download Sierra. I get I need 14.2 as sysdef. Multibeast for ML doesn't have that option.
Can I run a more recent version of Multibeast to change sysdef to 14.2?

Also, can I run Sierra on my Intel 3770k ? Which sysdef should I use?

Thank you all!

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Hi!
I plan on updating to Sierra, from ML 10.8.3, with a fresh install.

I get a little confused by reading the posts on here.

Running 10.8.3, Appstore doesn't let me download Sierra. I get I need 14.2 as sysdef. Multibeast for ML doesn't have that option.
Can I run a more recent version of Multibeast to change sysdef to 14.2?

Also, can I run Sierra on my Intel 3770k ? Which sysdef should I use?

Thank you all!
Suggest you change boot loader from Chimera to Clover to make things easier. Then use Clover Configurator to change the system definition.

Motherboard
SuperMicro X9Dai
CPU
E5 2650 (x2)
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Quadra
Mobile Phone
iOS
OK so macOS Sierra is out soon, and we just wanted to clarify things a bit regarding system definitions. For years we here at tonymacx86.com have used MacPro3,1 as the suggested system definition in MultiBeast- it was a basic trouble free universal default. Starting with macOS Sierra, Apple has decided to drop support for MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 systems.

In order to test your system definition, navigate to the upper left corner and choose About This Mac. A window will open showing the booted system definition. If this shows Mac Pro (2008) or Mac Pro (2009) you will need to change your system definition before installing macOS Sierra. In fact, you will not be able to download macOS Sierra until you change it.

This is a pain for real Mac Pros, as they now have to trick the OS into supporting their platform. However for CustoMacs, changing your system definition is very simple.

1. Get the latest version of MultiBeast for El Capitan
2. Choose Customise > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2
3. Choose Build > Install
4. Reboot system

Going forward we're going to be using iMac14,2 system definition as our standard universal default. This is used in UniBeast 7.0 and for default MultiBeast 9.0 installations.

Hope this helps!
:geek::ugeek::mrgreen:
Hi Tonymac. Thanks for the information. Are there any patches in Multibeast to get a Super Micro x9Dai motherboard's hardware to be seen with 2 six core XEON E5 processors?

I have 32 gb RAM installed, USB 2 & 3 working, and an Nvidia card (GT 740) all that works in Mavericks but not El Capitan or Sierra. I was even able to get the sound working in Mavericks. Past Yosemite the machine can't see the RAM (seeing only half), the USB, and the sound. But in my Mavericks partition all the hardware is seen, and I was able to use a system definition closer to my hardware that is a MacPro 6,1 in Mavericks. I don't mind the iMac definition, but would need the machine to see the CPU type and core count of 2x6 XEON, get the USB to work and the sound to work with all the memory to be seen. Can Unibeast fix any of these problems? Thank You, Nick

Motherboard
Intel S2600CP2J
CPU
2 x Intel Xeon E5-2670
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD7970 GHz Edition
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Tonymac. Thanks for the information. Are there any patches in Multibeast to get a Super Micro x9Dai motherboard's hardware to be seen with 2 six core XEON E5 processors?

I have 32 gb RAM installed, USB 2 & 3 working, and an Nvidia card (GT 740) all that works in Mavericks but not El Capitan or Sierra. I was even able to get the sound working in Mavericks. Past Yosemite the machine can't see the RAM (seeing only half), the USB, and the sound. But in my Mavericks partition all the hardware is seen, and I was able to use a system definition closer to my hardware that is a MacPro 6,1 in Mavericks. I don't mind the iMac definition, but would need the machine to see the CPU type and core count of 2x6 XEON, get the USB to work and the sound to work with all the memory to be seen. Can Unibeast fix any of these problems? Thank You, Nick
I've got a dual Xeon (Sandy Bridge-EP) build, so hopefully I can help out?

Are the USB controllers integrated with the board, or are you using standalone PCIE cards? Also, what generation of Xeons are you using? Westmere, Sandy, or Ivy?