Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dMatik,

thanks so much for your topic ! I've the same motherboard and I've met any problems to have a stable system.

I got test your configuration tomorrow but i'm interested about your OC (overclocking), it's possible to you to send me a lot captures of your bios configuration ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

AI Overclock Tuner - XMP (profile 1)

Asus MultiCore Enhancement - Disabled

CPU Core Ratio - By Core Usage

1 -45
2 -44
3 -44
4 -44
5 -43
6-43

CPU Core Voltage - Adaptive Mode

Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage - 1.150

Thats it for now, I will post a photo if you need, but this are my settings releated to overclocking....

After you do this make sure you create your own SSDT using pike r alpha ssdprgen.sh with -turbo 4500

Hi,

I don't manage to boot on the installer screen (utilities etc) to install sierra on a x99-A motherboard and a xeon 2670 v3. I always have PCI configuration begin followed by a freeze. Could you very please post the folders you used to create a bootable usb drive (with the right kexts etc?)
Thank you really much in advance.

Hi,

I don't manage to boot on the installer screen (utilities etc) to install sierra on a x99-A motherboard and a xeon 2670 v3. I always have PCI configuration begin followed by a freeze. Could you very please post the folders you used to create a bootable usb drive (with the right kexts etc?)
Thank you really much in advance.
Try bootflag npci=0x2000 (and If does not work) npci=0x3000 . That is your starting point here

Thank you very much for trying to help. Using a "config plist" that i found in the forum, and trying bootflag npci=0x2000, a white apple and progress barr appear on a black background. At 100%, sadly nothing more happened.....

Last edited:
Thank you very much for trying to help. Using a "config plist" that i found in the forum, and trying bootflag npci=0x2000, a white apple and progress barr appear on a black background. At 100%, sadly nothing more happened.....
Is a step forward, have you tried to wait more, Why i first installed mac os If I remember corectly I had to wait around 15 mins.... to get to the install window. try with different configs, npci=0x2000 -V nv_disable=1 cpus=1 ... and wait a Little maybe will work

@samykoka i have the same mb as yours (asus x99-a) but a xeon 2670 v3 instead of your 5820. Could you please send me the build @dMatik used whish worked on your personnal build, for a try ? thanks ;)

@dMatik Ok, i'll try to wait a bit more. Thanks. The progress barr is really fast on the beginning and progressively become really slow, but it reached 100%. I'am going to wait more, and try Samykoka EFI folder, as we have the same mb hoping he will answer my post ... :lol:
Waiting for this install screen is terrible .......... :banghead:;)

I have posted about my build in the forums but no one answered, your PC is close to mine so wondering if anyone can help, I have no idea what to do on all this and need to know if it's also possible to install Mac OS on a separate drive to Windows 10 and if it's a separate drive would I still need to reinstall Windows after Mac OS for the dual booting to still work?

Here's my PC:

Asus X99-A/USB 3.1
MSI Sea Hawk 1080ti

Thanks.

I've had for years a dual boot. One HD for windows, another one for osx. No link between them, you can do wathever you want on the one without bothering the other.

Concerning the sierra boot, this is the very first time that i don't manage to load an osx installer. Hope the community will help with EFI folders to try.

Asus X99-A
2670 v3

thanks too:)

I have posted about my build in the forums but no one answered, your PC is close to mine so wondering if anyone can help, I have no idea what to do on all this and need to know if it's also possible to install Mac OS on a separate drive to Windows 10 and if it's a separate drive would I still need to reinstall Windows after Mac OS for the dual booting to still work?

Here's my PC:

Asus X99-A/USB 3.1
MSI Sea Hawk 1080ti

Thanks.
I use Windows and MacOs on the same drive, only clover is installed on another drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back