Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Install partiton erased?
Is there a reason only one of the requested problem reporting files is attached?

APFS Container is new. i was on HFS Earlier.

Is there a reason to attach new files if the scenario is the same? :)

I'll keep tweaking on my own, again, thanks for your guidance.

Hi Toleda

I'm trying to get my PM working on my system running Sierra 10.12.6 because my geekbench score is very low around 8000 and I suspect that my mac isn't running very well.
I followed your guide and after a CMOS reset this morning my CPU is high all the time.
Thank you
Attached files :

Attachments

• CT_Sent 1.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 70
Thank you Toleda
In the meantime I made some modifications to config.plist, kexts, drivers64UEFI, trying things
Here you are :

Attachments

• CT's sent 2.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 62
macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Settings: 7th & 6th Generation/5th & 4th Generation
Desktop:
Core i3/i5/i7
Kaby_Lake/7xxx/HD630+
Skylake/6xxx/HD530+
Broadwell/5xxx/HD6000+
Haswell/4xxx/HD4600+
Motherboard 200_Series/10.12.4, 100_Series/10.11 9_Series/10.10, 8_Series/10.9
BIOS Load_Optimized_Defaults
Stock_Clock
Load_Optimized_Defaults
Stock_Clock
X86PlatformPlugin/PluginType=1 YES YES, 5xxx/Frequency_Vectors (Note_2)
Additional Native Power Management Properties (IOReg) Not required 8_Series/LPCB@1F 9_Series/LPCB@1F (Note_3)
Clover/config.plist/SMBIOS (7xxx/6xxx/5xxx: Note_4) 7xxx/imac18, 6xxx/imac17 5xxx/imac16, 4xxx/imac15/imac14/macmin7

Notes
  1. System Definition/macpro6,1: socket LGA 2011 only
  2. Broadwell/5xxx - frequency vectors required
  3. 9 Series/LPC: ssdt_lpcb-9series.zip
  4. Graphics fix required for black screen: macOS 10.12.5 Update/Post #6
In the additional Native Power Management Properties cell on the table reference is made to 8_Series/LPCB@1F but when I check Note 3 there is only a link to 9_Series/LPCB@1F. My question is this - are they one and the same or is there a different SSDT for an 8 Series board?

Just asking here as it seems closest to where my issue lies. I have just built a Mojave build with ASUS PRIME H270 PLUS and i5-7400.

Whenever the machine sleeps it will restart twice and go to clover loader or restart and stay on with black screen. Should I be looking into power management with this thread as the resolution? I noticed that sleep issues arent considered in the guide but thinking it might be possible to get some better heads thinking about it

Thanks so much

Hi !

Description of problem

I was running Sierra, with working PM (thanks to your help and your previous method), and I just upgraded to Mojave. At first it seems PM was still working, but after resolving audio problems (again thanks to you ;)) and preview problems, there was no more PM. So I wanted to start from scratch. But I can't install AppleIntelInfo.kext else I'm stuck at the Apple logo (not even progress bar is showing at all). So I don't really know what I'm missing, and if it's working properly without this kext. In intelpowergadget I see the frequencies going up and down, but much more than before, and the "power" graph is way above what it used to be under Sierra.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics

macOS 10.4, Gigabytes Z97X-UD5H, latest BIOS (F10c), i5 4690, GTX 760 (no IGPU used)

Procedure/Guide Used

wanted 6. PM ssdts, so I installed SSDT-XCPM.aml and running a 9 series motherboard ssdt_lpcb-9series.aml

Copy of IOReg/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt, screenshots)

attached

Copy of AppleIntelInfo/Terminal: cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat

not relevant since I can't instal the kext then boot

Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)

attached as a textedit file, I didn't find a "save" option in console (seems I remember there was one before but ...)

Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget

attached, only apps running are Safari, textedit, intelpowergadget and ioregistryexplorer (and stuff running in background as dropbox, HWmnitor a.s.o.)

Clover

attached

Thanks again for your help and for your time ! I feel stupid not being able to make things works without asking "what's wrong again ?"

Attachments

• el Charlot PM.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
@toleda, I just noticed recently that the frequency in Intel Power Gadget is always staying at 4.00GHz. I had been using PluginType option so far and I CPU PM was working correctly. But now it has stopped for some reason. As of now I'm using XCPM SSDT and still no luck getting frequency to drop below 4.00 GHz.

I have an intel i7 4790k CPU, Asus Z87 Maximus Gene VI motherboard, and RX 480 video card.

I have attached all the required files.

Attachments

• CyCLoBoT.zip
    946.1 KB · Views: 69
  • config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IPG.png
    IPG.png
    495.7 KB · Views: 110
Back