Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Whenever the machine sleeps it will restart twice and go to clover loader or restart and stay on with black screen.
No PM may be a reason for no sleep. Your wake problem is not PM related. Start a new thread, off topic.

can't install AppleIntelInfo.kext else I'm stuck at the Apple logo
Do not install AppleIntelInfo.kext, remove. Restart. After boot, load AppleIntelInfo.kext
See Post #1/Installation:
8. Verify
  • AppleIntelInfo.kext
Reply with new files

just noticed recently that the frequency in Intel Power Gadget is always staying at 4.00GHz.
Attach Activity Monitor (All Process, Hierarchically) screenshot
No testing on macOS 14.1 Beta, recommend problem solving on released versions of macOS

Attach Activity Monitor (All Process, Hierarchically) screenshot
No testing on macOS 14.1 Beta, recommend problem solving on released versions of macOS

Here you go. I was trying the beta OS to see if it fixed some other issues that the system was experiencing when I switched to Mojave.

Attachments

• Activity Monitor.png
    Activity Monitor.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 98
Do not install AppleIntelInfo.kext, remove. Restart. After boot, load AppleIntelInfo.kext
See Post #1/Installation:
8. Verify
  • AppleIntelInfo.kext
Reply with new files

OK, I tried this before but I wasn't and I'm still not able to make it work (console is displaying "AppleIntelInfo.kext: is a directory").

I downloaded again the kext in case it was corrupt.

I tried with kext in a folder on the desktop, and kext inside root directory.

I tried with "username/$ (Drag kext to terminal window)" then enter and it displays "-bash: /AppleIntelInfo.kext: is a directory"

I tried with "cd (drag kext)" then enter then "sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext", console ask for password and then I have "chown: AppleIntelInfo.kext: No such file or directory"

So there's probably something I'm missing / doing wrong but I can't figure out what, sorry :(

On a side note, I tried at first to install the kext as a normal kext because of
2. Tools (see Tools, below)
  • AppleIntelInfo.kext: Download and install

Thanks a lot

[EDIT] !!!! I really don't understand ... I tried over and over again this morning. Went back to my computer hours later, used the up arrow in terminal to try again last command, had a new answer "/Users/Name/AppleIntelInfo.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)."

So I just copied the kext in "user" for the fifth time today, run again the command, had "/Users/Name/AppleIntelInfo.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)."

It was the first time I had permissions mentioned in the terminal, so I used all the commands to repair those and load the kext, and it worked !! Can't understand at all what the problem was ...

So here are the files ...

Attachments

• el Charlot CPU PM 2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I tried with "username/$ (Drag kext to terminal window)" then enter and it displays "-bash: /AppleIntelInfo.kext: is a directory"
Post #1:
Terminal/$ (Drag kext to terminal window)
Code:
sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext
Don't run the kext, load it.
tried with "cd (drag kext)" then enter then "sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext"
cd (change directory): can't drag the kext, drag the directory the kext is located (i.e., Downloads), then chown works.

Attachments show CPU PM is working

Post #1:

cd (change directory): can't drag the kext, drag the directory the kext is located (i.e., Downloads), then chown works.

Attachments show CPU PM is working

OK it was because I dragged the kext and not his directory ? thanks.

It is strange, I was really thinking that CPU PM was not working, because it works at really higher frequencies when I'm not using it and lot more power than it was with Sierra. Thanks Toleda !

Back