Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Many thanks again for the response.

This screenshot shows the power states available to your CPU (taken from your Hackintool_AppleIntelInfo.txt file.
.... CPU Power States, many more than you reported.
This is exactly the issue I am referring to which has me stuck in a rut.

Everything on my system points to PM working from IOReg and AppleIntelInfo. But yet in realtime observations, I only ever see CPU running at 8x, 40x -> 44x multipliers.

The screenshot above is a sample of the Intel Power Gadget output v 3.7.0 with the new SSDT.aml table installed, in place of the SSDT-PLUG.aml. I would say that CPU Power Management was working.
If possible, could you instead install the older version Intel Power Gadget v 3.5.5 (found at the bottom of Intels download page) and set both options in preferences to 150ms and then post the results ?

Just for my sanity, it would be much more helpful to see your 4790K reporting the Core speed in realtime so to confirm the other working Core speeds.

Every time I try to install IPG v3.5.5 it fails. I think v3.5.5 doesn't work in Ventura.

I have another system using the same CPU, running Catalina. I will see what is working on that system, using IPG v3.5.5, tomorrow.

Back