Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

I am going to update my HP8300 Desktop core i7 3770 with Nvidia GT710. Running the last version of Mojave to Catalina, I upgraded kexts as stated in the first post before starting the update. Wish me luck. I will post feedback soon. :)

Hello guys,

I was on Mojave 10.14.4 and updated the following before installing Catalina :

Clover to 5070
Lilu from 1.3.5 to 1.3.8
AppleALC 1.3.6 to 1.4.1

However after multiple reboot, I get this screen :

View attachment 429798

How could I display logs/troubleshoot and find out what's wrong ?
Here my EFI folder.

If anyone can help me, it would be really cool :)
Hey there mate! I had the same issue. Let me figure out my EFI partition, and I will
Hello guys,

I was on Mojave 10.14.4 and updated the following before installing Catalina :

Clover to 5070
Lilu from 1.3.5 to 1.3.8
AppleALC 1.3.6 to 1.4.1

However after multiple reboot, I get this screen :

View attachment 429798

How could I display logs/troubleshoot and find out what's wrong ?
Here my EFI folder.

If anyone can help me, it would be really cool :)
Hey there mate! This might work. I got almost the same setup as you, and this did the trick. I'm more used to the setup where I don't see the full logs just cuz I don't like it. But use this EFI. It worked for me, and, once I installed it, I used my own old EFI partition to the install. Like I said, is all up to taste, but this did do the work for me try it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 111
Had to disable the Intel Graphic in the bios due to a reboot loop (was active because of the preview bug on Mojave). Lost the Realtek sound device, appleALC seems not to work here... have to investigate. Everything else seems ok.

*UPDATE* : After having upgraded the kext in /Library/Extensions it seems to work fine. So, as an upgrade from Mojave, everything seems to work perfectly.
Hi @Theophilius, I have similar hardware than you. And I am running Mojave 10.14.6 well. My upgrade to Catalina did not go well. I updated to latest Clover and copied in FaceSMC....while the upgrade seemed to run fine (some 5-10-minut freezes along the way)...upon final reboot my monitor turned black. I could actually login using HDMI instead of Displayport, but network is not working and generally seems laggy.

Anyway, can you tell me which KEXTs you have. And potentially share you config.plist as well? The config.plist because i think I might have some old unnecessary items in mine.

THANKS!

I can confirm this update worked fine for :
- Quad-Core Intel Core i7 (6700K)
- Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Can you share the KEXT you use? I have similar hardware but I am struggling...
Thanks!

Everything seems to be running perfect in Catalina so far.
TB3 display working, reset/shutdown.
I had alot of issues with a few other things due to Windows being on a separate M.2. I removed it, and my restart times were cut in half, things ran smoother, and TB3 display started working. If anyone has any issues and you are dual booting windows. try removing the Windows SSD first. I was about to reinstall everything and decided to try this first, just in case.

i am going to update my HP8300 Desktop core i7 3770 with nvidia GT710 running the last version of Mojave to Catalina i upgraded kexts as staited in the first post before starting the update wish me luck i will post feedback soon :)
keeping an eye on this. I have similar specs but too afraid to take that leap.

Can you share the KEXT you use? I have similar hardware but I am struggling...
Thanks!
I also have the same hardware. i7-6700, 580 Pulse 8GB, Z170k Motherboard. Just upgraded to Catalina.

Somewhat survived the upgrade experience.
Updated Clover to 5070 and updated most kexts that I could find.

I lost USB3, only because I used USB injection kext instead of that DDST method.
What is more worrysome is the super hot PCH temps, maxing out at 70+ C, until the sensor gave up and gave a reading of 127C.

i7-7700, GA-Z170-HD3P Board, RX580.

I also have the same hardware. i7-6700, 580 Pulse 8GB, Z170k Motherboard. Just upgraded to Catalina.
Cool - and upgrade went good? In your link, are the files up-to-date (I mean for how your system looked before the upgrade?)

Success here for clean install on Z77 DS3H Rev 1.0 - Intel i3 - GT 640

Started from Mojave. Installation process :

1. Create an install USB key
2. Install Clover 5070 on this USB key (send me message for what to check if needed).
3. Place FakeSMS, Lilu and Whatevergreen (last version !) on EFI Clover Kext Other
4. Very important : Rename EC to H_EC (follow this guide : https://floppyblog.com/guide-how-to-update-your-hackintosh-macos-mojave-to-catalina/) or directly for this board apply the patch with clover configurator or hackintool
5. Reboot on USB key
6. Launch the installation (note that if you don't apply EC to H_EC patch, you will have black screen)
7. Once Catalina is installed (launched with USB key), install clover 5070 on Catalina partition (but I have an error that clover is incompatible with this version of OS ?!)
8. So open EFI partition with clover configurator and paste the EFI folder of your USB install key (copied before from the USB install key)
9. Reboot on hard drive (Catalina partition) and you're done !! Absolutely all is working !

Hope this help ;-)

Corrections:

3. FakeSMC not FakeSMS.
4. Rename H_EC to EC and Hackintool Does Replaces H_EC to EC__, but it does the job for beginners.
6. H_EC to EC Patch

Back