Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 570
Since clover didn't work, I tried OpenCore (OC). Found a working EFI @ https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...derbolt-3-i7-9700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-517. The EFI is for z390 Designare but I compared Clover config to OC config and got it to work.

You cannot copy Clover config as is. There are differences.
Also, the newer version of OC didn't work so I reverted back to the version in zip.
Thanks for the info ! I'm scheduling the upgrade for Friday afternoon, will report back how it goes

CPU
i5
Graphics
hd 4000
You need this patch :

Thanks very much.After patch my installation went smoothly.

Motherboard
Asus Prime H470-Plus
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Update went smoothly. I had to change display port on video card as I have three monitors. On start up the annoying bars are gone that showed up on Mojave. The lack of 32 bit programs will require some work to find good replacements. Tonymac has always been a great resource. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 10.09.55 AM.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
My RX580 temperate is very high, can you check if this is normal?

Mine is reporting similar temps and the iStat graph shows it has been for the past 30 days, so seems normal.
Should note that this is Fahrenheit.

Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 9.32.43 AM.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Anyone got it working with FileVault enabled? I had FileVault enabled on Mojave, installation completed but after that it stopped showing the disk in Clover only Preboot and Recovery. If I select Preboot, it gets stuck at the Apple Logo without any indicator. Tried with -v as well, just get a blinking cursor along with Apple Logo. If I go into recovery and decrypt the drive, everything works.

I have the r5070 in Clover and updated drivers in the drivers/UEFI folder and kexts. Any ideas? Thanks!
Can confirm, that Filevault is working, but booting up takes time... look at post #280

Greetz Stinger

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-z97x-ud7 TH
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
Sapphire RX 590 Nitro+
Can confirm, that Filevault is working, but booting up takes time... look at post #280

Greetz Stinger
Hi, I tried multiple times waiting anywhere from 30 mins to a couple of hours. It just kept showing the Apple logo. -v flag made no difference. Saw your post #280 yesterday and tried the same kexts/efi as yours (I used to have FakeSMC with Mojave). Even tried EC0, SSDT-EC options. None of these options worked.

Finally, gave OpenCore a try, see #477. Was able to get in. OC seems a lot faster than Clover. The FileVault UI still needs work but I'm not complaining :).

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, iMac, LC, Performa, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
After upgrading fully working system from Mojave, Audio is not working (HDMI audio is on monitor thou), mounting EFI and re-applying the saved config from Multibeast Version 11.3.0-4 has no effect. Ethernet, Wifi, bluetooth, sensors all good to go, just no Audio, BUT there has been a return to a KP from waking from sleep. So I disabled sleep again...

SOLVED (update on wake from sleep below)
Using Clover Configurator https://mackie100projects.altervista.org/ to mount EFI

I then downloaded the latest kexts

And copied the lastest versions both into /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and /Library/Extensions
overwriting older versions

Then I ran the following commands in the Terminal
sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions
sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
sudo kextcache -i /

Restarted and all good
Thank you to several members of the Tonymac community for many suggestions!
OC

Update
Wake from sleep is not working atm :(

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370P D3
CPU
i3-8300
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had a fresh install of Mojave the other day with my new Vega 56 and today I tried catalina but failed, got stuck at the second apple progress bar :( Now I realize that a new volume of -1MB appeared after the failed installation (see photo).

Screenshot 2019-10-10 17.54.36.jpg

How can I remove it? Apparently I cannot mount/unmount it. Best regard

Motherboard
Gigabyte B360 AORUS Gaming 3 WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Plus