Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Hi guys.
In my case, the Catalina installer stuck after choosing a disk, showing a rainbow spinner.
The cause was that the Spotlight was previously disabled.
The terminal command:
Code:
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist
helps me. Installation takes 20+ minutes and everything works fine.

Last edited:
I've patiently been waiting for the full release of MacOS Catalina. Now, someone please let us know if Radeon RX 5700 XT cards are supported, or which radeon cards are supported!
No they are not, and not likely this year. Why? Coz Apple is yet to release their 2019 Mac Pro, which uses the 7nm GCN platform, not RDNA. Metal API also needs to be rewritten for RDNA, and Apple would not do this until after they have gotten rid of/ released their proprietary AMD Vega Pro II series cards, which they had made to order from AMD. Your best bet now is to get a Radeon VII. Continued support looks very promising, especially coz it is very similar in architecture to the Pro Vega II cards of the mac pro, if not, the same. Yes it is expensive and difficult to get now, but that’s still going to be cheaper than getting a mac pro.

Hi guys.
In my case, the Catalina installer stuck after choosing a disk showing rainbow spinner.
The cause was that the Spotlight was disabled.
The terminal command
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.metadata.mds.plist
helps me. Installation takes 20+ minutes and everything works fine.

I assume you mean go into Recovery, then terminal and run the command. Catalina doesn't work for me when FileVault is enabled, Mojave used to work fine. Is there a way to go into recovery, unlock the disk and continue loading the OS without reboot? Thanks!

in my case it was not necessary to update clover efi but if I had to patch ACPI but if you have no way to enter mac I could help you by patching your config

I managed to boot with a unibeast, updated clover and followed the instructions here, after doing the installation and restart i got to choose to boot from the installation drive, now i got this on the image attached, been going up slowly but now it's stuck there for about 20 minutes, maybe I should leave it more?!

Attachments

• Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 95
can anyone provide a configured efi folder, i tried everything but upon booting it up from usb for fresh install the installer option doesnt come up, i did tried a old efi folder and it shows but wont install due to outdated files.

I assume you mean go into Recovery, then terminal and run the command. Catalina doesn't work for me when FileVault is enabled, Mojave used to work fine. Is there a way to go into recovery, unlock the disk and continue loading the OS without reboot? Thanks!
No, just have run the terminal command, then rebooted and Install started successfully.

Good to see a lot of succesful installations... I on the other hand havn't been that lucky.
I updated the clover bootloader with the latest multibeast. I updated the kexts to the latest version:
AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu and WhateverGreen.
The macOS Catalina upgrade went smoothly. I Restarted a few times and (I think) it did complete the upgrade.
Now when I want to boot Catalina, it just loads and the screen flicker at the end and after that - black screen.
In verbose mode I see (please see attached screenshot).
Any idea how I fix this one?

Attachments

• IMG_5295.jpg
    IMG_5295.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 104
After today update for Logitech keyboard and mouse they back to working fine.
(Logitech Control Center Installer) and (Logitech Options)

I got installed full last night, but with some issues. those are not shutdown , no audio after got it woking sound , but after restart no sound, just HDMI>

Back