Contribute
Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Is anyone else experincing Wi-Fi issues where it's not recognizing the card or showing up in Network Preferences? I have a Z390 AORUS ULTRA motherboard that the Wi-Fi and B/T worked in Mojave, but now the B/T is the only one of those that works. I updated all my kexts before and after a successful upgrade from the App Store to Catalina. Any suggestions or is my internal Wi-Fi just not compatible with Catalina?

- Let me know if more information is needed...

Tried to install Catalina on my ASUS Maximus Gene VIII without SSDT-EC.aml and it got stuck at the installation. So, I added SSDT-EC.aml to my EFI folder and it worked.

However, sleep and wake doesn't work anymore.

put it on -v and see whats going on
It keeps displaying 'begin gfx firmware load progress' even with -disablegtxfirmware

Sorry, I typed firmware wrongly... It works now.

Last edited:
Is anyone else experincing Wi-Fi issues where it's not recognizing the card or showing up in Network Preferences? I have a Z390 AORUS ULTRA motherboard that the Wi-Fi and B/T worked in Mojave, but now the B/T is the only one of those that works. I updated all my kexts before and after a successful upgrade from the App Store to Catalina. Any suggestions or is my internal Wi-Fi just not compatible with Catalina?

- Let me know if more information is needed...

Is your board Gigabyte because my understanding is the builtin wifi card is not native in OS X so I am surprise you got it to work in Mojave. I have the Z390 wifi pro and the builtin card only work when I boot into Windows. I have to use a card native to Mac OS.

Davinci Resolve 16 keeps crashing when I tried to render. Didn't find a fix yet.
Roll back to Mojave.

I had no problems.. I had to install with nv_disable, then when i was logged in I updated Lilu and WhateverGreen.

All Sweet and Dandy after that!!

Gigabyte X79-UP4
i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (EVGA)

Thanks community!

Successful install on my Gigabyte Z170. One issue is that playback of DRM videos (eg ITunes purchases) no longer works. Audio plays but the video is black. Disappointing since that’s been working for me since High Sierra.

No other issues so far. WiFi and Bluetooth (including handoff) work.

Hi, I am getting cross circle error
img_2015084280-jpg.213523
after reboot to install.

I have:

Sabertooth Z77
i7 3770K
RX 580

Please help.

Your hardware is fully compatible. If you've got a relatively new Polaris AMD RX580 the rest has to be really old, circa 2009 or older not to be. Basically if it can run Mojave it can run Catalina. Even older 2012 MBPs, Mac Minis and iMacs can run Catalina. Some of those have Nvidia graphics cards 6-7 years old.
Thanks for that. I'm pretty sure the GPU is fine, it's this https://www.newegg.ca/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-100411p8gocl/p/N82E16814202278?Item=N82E16814202278

success with macos Catalina patcher v1.1.7, just did an upgrade from mojave :headbang:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-10-10 à 02.25.25.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-10-10 à 02.25.25.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 160
Back