CPU
i5-7600K
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
Classic
Mobile Phone
Android
Here's a drive icon workaround. Boot your system from a Mojave drive and change the drive icons (both system and data) via the old method of copy and paste. Once done reboot your system back to Catalina and the icons will stick.
10.15.1 beta solved the issue. icons can be changed as in the past

Motherboard
MSI Z97 PC Mate
CPU
i7
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah for sure

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 570
I wasn't able to boot with Clover with FileVault so have been using OC but gave this a try and that was the fix - wow! thanks. I had to disable SIP to be able to install the latest Clover on Catalina.

Clover boot handles HiDPI. I tried various options of OC but never got HiDPI working.

Before your suggestion, I was getting stuck on the Apple Logo screen forever. Never got to the point like other people where there was a delay of 2-5 minutes.

After following your suggestion, I no longer get stuck on the Apple Logo screen, in fact it boots at the same speed as it used to on Mojave.
CodeDJ, are you using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC ?

I tried switching a while back but had some issues so went back to Fake.

What efis/kexts are you using ?

I want to give another go, but this time on a fresh ssd :)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7 8770k
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Stevegut78,

I have the exact same setup as you. Did you have to update any files before installing Catalina?
Sorry just saw this. I just did the usual kext update. Only had a few kexts that needed updating. Clover was already at the latest.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-z97x-ud7 TH
CPU
i5 4690k
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 2 GB
CodeDJ, are you using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC ?

I tried switching a while back but had some issues so went back to Fake.

What efis/kexts are you using ?

I want to give another go, but this time on a fresh ssd :)
It works for me with both VirtualSMC and FakeSMC but I have a new problem. It doesn't go to sleep after inactivity. I am able to put it to sleep and wake it. Also, it wakes every half an hour or so and then goes back to sleep in less than a minute - as though power nap is on which I don't.

Mojave used to work fine with FakeSMC. With OC, I switched to VirtualSMC and carried it over to Clover recently. Will try going back to FakeSMC to see if that fixes the sleep issues.

Attached is my EFI (cleared out SMBIOS - empty dict, MLB - empty string).

UPDATE: Sleep is working fine. My PC went to sleep after inactivity. Also, looks like the Energy Saver settings got reset somehow and had power nap on.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 570
It works for me with both VirtualSMC and FakeSMC but I have a new problem. It doesn't go to sleep after inactivity. I am able to put it to sleep and wake it. Also, it wakes every half an hour or so and then goes back to sleep in less than a minute - as though power nap is on which I don't.

Mojave used to work fine with FakeSMC. With OC, I switched to VirtualSMC and carried it over to Clover recently. Will try going back to FakeSMC to see if that fixes the sleep issues.

Attached is my EFI (cleared out SMBIOS - empty dict, MLB - empty string).

UPDATE: Sleep is working fine. My PC went to sleep after inactivity. Also, looks like the Energy Saver settings got reset somehow and had power nap on.
Thanks a lot CodeDJ ! I'll give it a go !

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS HERO X Z370
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, does anybody know why Apple releases every year a new os ? It seems to cause a lot of chaos and irritation each year.

Kind regards