CPU
i5 4590
Graphics
RX 470
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
PLEASE, HOW DO YOU INJECT THE CONTROLLERS FOR AMD?
The latest version of Lily and Whatevergreen should serve you. Uncheck any injection you have related to the GPU and test.

Motherboard
ASUS Z370A
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX580 Nitro+
My update gets stock after first restart. See screenshot.

Upgrading from latest 10.14 to 10.15.1. Updated Clover, WEG, LILU and ALC (into /other) to latest before 10.15.1 update started.

Don't know how to proceed. Tried agdpmod=pikera with no luck.

Attachments

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My update gets stock after first restart. See screenshot.

Upgrading from latest 10.14 to 10.15.1. Updated Clover, WEG, LILU and ALC (into /other) to latest before 10.15.1 update started.

Don't know how to proceed. Tried agdpmod=pikera with no luck.
acpi/patched folder:

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS Z370A
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX580 Nitro+
acpi/patched folder:
Thank you so much Feartech. Installer continued now, as is on it's way. Was a little hesitant applying the patch without knowing for sure what I was applying, but seems to fix the stock installer.

Didn't see this mentioned, perhaps I missed it, or it has been in another thread. Can you give a pointer on where to better understand what the patch does? Thanks again :).

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370- PII
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Intel internal
Hi. I have just installed Mojave on my Asus Prime Z370-P II | i5 8400 | RX 560 4GB. May I ask if I can upgrade directly to 10.5.1 or I should do something first? I appreciate your help.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD3
CPU
i5
Graphics
GT 710
I have a similar system I am looking to upgrade (P55A-UD4P), would you mind posting which Kexts and Patches were required.

Thanks in advance. Hard to believe these old systems can still run the latest Mac OS
Sorry for the late reply. I have the DSDT.aml I downloaded from here, in my EFI partition /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other the only thing I have is FakeSMC.kext. I have nVidia injection disabled in Clover, my nVidia GT 710 is supported natively by Catalina. No patches or fixes in config.plist, it's pretty vanilla. Make sure your graphics is supported before you upgrade, or have a backup. Have fun!

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i5 750
Graphics
9800GT Silent Cell
Sorry for the late reply. I have the DSDT.aml I downloaded from here, in my EFI partition /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other the only thing I have is FakeSMC.kext. I have nVidia injection disabled in Clover, my nVidia GT 710 is supported natively by Catalina. No patches or fixes in config.plist, it's pretty vanilla. Make sure your graphics is supported before you upgrade, or have a backup. Have fun!
No apology necessary, I appreciate you taking the time to detail your solution.

I am still trying to get Catalina running.

I upgraded my El Capitan-based build from a(n unsupported) 9800GT to GT 710, built a USB Installer using my current DSDT + Updated Kexts and Clover, and was able to boot the Installer, format a spare SSD to APFS using Disk Utility and start the Installation of Catalina, however, it rebooted at 17 minutes to go. Since then I haven't even been able to boot to the Installer again, and also cannot even boot into my existing El Capitan install either using its EFI partition or the USB with Updated kexts + Clover. I suspect the GT 710 I purchased second-hand is dying, as my backup Windows 10 also died (black screen of death) while trying to edit some files on the USB. Once I put my old 9800GT back in it booted right back up into Windows or El Capitan like nothing had happened.

I need to investigate DosDude's patcher or sourcing another cheap (preferably passive) GPU that is Catalina-compatible

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
another cheap (preferably passive) GPU that is Catalina-compatible
Nvidia Quadro 410 is the lowest cost card natively supported by Catalina. 15 USD on Ebay. I've never used one with El Capitan but I would guess it should work without problems. One other note, we don't officially support or promote the use of DosDude's software so it's best to avoid using that. The GT 710 never had official support in El Capitan that's probably part of the reason you had problems with it. IIRC support only started in Sierra or High Sierra. The 9800 GT was still supported by El Capitan.

Motherboard
Asus Hero VII
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
So basically how many of you got it to work? My mac went to sh.it when I did the 1st update of Mojave. It takes 5 minutes to start, 3 alone to get to the bootloader. :think: