Register

macOS 10.15 Catalina is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
I've patiently been waiting for the full release of MacOS Catalina. Now, someone please let us know if Radeon RX 5700 XT cards are supported, or which radeon cards are supported!

Look towards the bottom of this post on r/hackintosh, you'll see that initial support for Navi is there, but it's not ready yet.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update went fine here, just like a real mac.
1. Updated clover to the latest version available and essential kexts (FakeSMC, Lilu, WhateverGreen).
2. Upgraded to Catalina.
After 3 restarts the system was running macOS 10.15.
I don't use the integrated audio, so everything works like before iCloud, Messages, Appstore, etc. all good.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got Filevault activated under Mojave. Update to Catalina (with Filevault activated) went well, but at boot (selected the prebooter) a Apple logo shows up (with no load bar) for about two minutes, before the logon screen appears.

I'm running Clover 5070 with ApfsDriverLoader.efi, AppleImageCodec.efi, AppleImageLoader.efi, AppleKeyAggregator.efi, AppleKeyFeeder.efi, AppleUITheme.efi, AptioInputFix.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, FirmwareVolume.efi, HashServiceFix.efi, NTFS.efi, NvmExpressDxe.efi, VirtualSmc.efi located in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI.

And installed only SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, VirtualSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
(All other needed Kext's are located in /L/E)

I'm the only one here with such a long boot-time (with Filevault activated)?

Greetz Stinger

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX 960 SSC ACX 2.0
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I did the direct update from Mojave to Catalina, but now the audio has stopped working. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H with an ALC1150 audio chip. How can I solve it?

Upgrade fine, but don't awake from sleep. stay on black screen but back light on. Have an idea?

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage/10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon Pro W5500
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone have Side car working with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS? (if you have iGPU then disabled)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD7 TH
CPU
i7 4790K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I did the direct update from Mojave to Catalina, but now the audio has stopped working. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H with an ALC1150 audio chip. How can I solve it?

We have basically the same exact build... the GTX 960 is a Maxwell video card... is your video working using the card?

Motherboard
Asus PRIME Z270-A
CPU
Intel i5 7600k
Graphics
Nvidia Gtx 1070
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you attempt the installation in verbose mode and see "apfs_module_start:1683", see Post #264.

this worked for me

SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched
no more “no entry”

now pink screen