Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy's method looks overkill and fits his scenario.
My ideal scenario for backing up is,
Step1: I can freely create a complete image file with backup macos APP of the Hackintosh MacOS at chosen time, e.g. right before I go for a major OS update, in any other hard drive bigger (AOHDB) than MacOS, and I wish that AOHDB doesn't have to be formatted to become bootable(uefi) or not, which is most convenient.
Step2: Whenever my hacked OSx is broken, I can boot in to Windows and access the image file created from Step 1 and restore the whole system in one click.

So far, I can't find such thing, but using PE pendrive from macrium reflect professional https://www.macrium.com/ works for me.

I use HDD Raw Copy from Windows , it creates a full backup of my MacOS drive (snapshot) into a compressed file on any HDD.
The tool is free just google it , This is a far better option than Time Machine or Carbon Copy.
The file you restore is fully bootable back to your MacOS before you created the backup.

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/ HDD Raw Copy

I don't know if the following steps would work with your system but here is what I did (my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, which is a 200-series board):

1. Enable Internal Graphics in the BIOS Chipset section and set Pre-Allocated to 128MB, DVMT Total Gfx Mem to 256MB

2. Modify your config.plist file using Clover Configurator:

a. Select change GFX0 to IGPU patch on the Acpi screen​

b. Set Devices > IntelGFX = <id_for_your_board>, Graphics > ig-platform-id = <id_for_your_board>, and check Graphics > Inject Intel option. Do not check Inject NVidia.​

You have to find the IntelGFX and ig-platform-id for your specific board. Mine is a Kaby Lake i7-7700K so IntelFGX = 0x59128086 and ig-platform-id = 0x59120000.

I would create a boot USB drive and put the modified config.plist on that drive. Every time you run an update, boot with that USB drive so you don't have to edit the working config.plist on your HD/SSD.

Thank you for the information.

Updated my setup (ASROCK Z77 pro 3 with i7-3770 imac14,2)using the combo update.
Edited the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to change the NVDARequiredOS to 17D102 before running the combo pkg.
This worked before to allow me to boot then install the latest web driver, strangely, not this time.

However strangely it did not work and hung up on "gioscreenlockstate 3 .." error.

What made it work..

Unplugged the GTX970
- Result still the same and stopped at gioscreenlockstate 3 error

Unchecked the "Inject Intel" and added boot flag "-no-zp" as mentioned by stehor in another thread. These were done in the clover boot time options. GTX970 still unplugged.

It booted this time.

Installed the latest NVDA webdriver 387.10.10.10.25.158 and reinserted the GTX970 and the setup runs as normal again.

I use HDD Raw Copy from Windows , it creates a full backup of my MacOS drive (snapshot) into a compressed file on any HDD.
The tool is free just google it , This is a far better option than Time Machine or Carbon Copy.
The file you restore is fully bootable back to your MacOS before you created the backup.

http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/ HDD Raw Copy
Thanks xpzone, looks great and has been proven works as one-click solution, this freeware should be promoted in the forum!

Updated my setup (ASROCK Z77 pro 3 with i7-3770 imac14,2)using the combo update.
Edited the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to change the NVDARequiredOS to 17D102 before running the combo pkg.
This worked before to allow me to boot then install the latest web driver, strangely, not this time.

However strangely it did not work and hung up on "gioscreenlockstate 3 .." error.

What made it work..

Unplugged the GTX970
- Result still the same and stopped at gioscreenlockstate 3 error

Unchecked the "Inject Intel" and added boot flag "-no-zp" as mentioned by stehor in another thread. These were done in the clover boot time options. GTX970 still unplugged.

It booted this time.

Installed the latest NVDA webdriver 387.10.10.10.25.158 and reinserted the GTX970 and the setup runs as normal again.

When i had a similar problem after upgrading to 10.13.3 first, installed Lilu and NVidiaGraphicsFixup (MultiBeast) and it seemed to help. Last supplemental update without problems, just changed NVDARequiredOS to 17D102 with webdriver.sh -m 17D102.

(ASUS z97 pro wifi AC, 4790k and GTX970, imac14,2)

Just installed a RX560.
Black screen...

Hope you have fixed this now. If not ...

Boot into Safe Mode by choosing this at Clover boot menu ( press Space etc ) then when at desktop copy lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext into your Library/Extensions folder using KextBeast. Then Reboot.

:thumbup: :)

Run the High Sierra 10.13.3 Mac App Store Update - the updater will reboot upon completion;
:ch: Upon rebooting, run the Nvidia web driver pkg and reboot when its completed it's installation;
I used (until Sierra) to check "nv_disable=1" on reboot
Why is it not necessary anymore ?
Thanks

I'm having trouble installing the supplemental update.

View attachment 314591

Restarting shows that my system is still on build 17D47.
I’m having the same problem.
I deleted the Install macOS folder in the root directory, updated Clover to the latest version, installed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efI, removed EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and there is no change in behavior. Same error screen on start. Any ideas? Should I trash the NVRAM.plist file in the root directory of the EFI partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back