Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you install Multibeast afterwards? Everytime Multibeast installs clover again it wipes out my config.plist and puts a new/different Serial Number in place. Have you logged into iCloud.com and checked how many systems you have registered?

i have my phone and this mac, it changed somehow to 21.5 from 27 :( something went wrong, and now shows 4.5 GHZ cpu in about this mac, and 9GHZ is system info :) nice update ( the truth is i updated bios too, just to mix everything :( )

Edit: yes bios update ruined it :( sorry to post this here, my bad

Last edited:
Just installed a RX560.
Black screen...

Just installed a RX560.
Black screen...
Try install lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext in Clover/kexts/other. I am running a RX580 in my sig build now and needed these two kexts for it to work properly.

Try install lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext in Clover/kexts/other. I am running a RX580 in my sig build now and needed these two kexts for it to work properly.
I tried that, I think it has something to do with have both the RX560, and the Nvidia 1080TI installed at the same time. I can't get the machine to boot past the Apple Logo with a full bar, on Nvidia. Black screen when trying the AMD.
If I can't use the RX560 with the 1080TI installed, this card goes back to the store and I'm done.
I have done everything I know to do. I had a perfectly working computer on Intel 630 yesterday before the upgrade, now I have an overly expensive non-working medal box...

Why do you want to use both cards together?

Does this solution work well , I am sick of removing my Nvidia cards for each update.
Can you give me a link to more information on how to do this .
I don't know if the following steps would work with your system but here is what I did (my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, which is a 200-series board):

1. Enable Internal Graphics in the BIOS Chipset section and set Pre-Allocated to 128MB, DVMT Total Gfx Mem to 256MB

2. Modify your config.plist file using Clover Configurator:

a. Select change GFX0 to IGPU patch on the Acpi screen​

b. Set Devices > IntelGFX = <id_for_your_board>, Graphics > ig-platform-id = <id_for_your_board>, and check Graphics > Inject Intel option. Do not check Inject NVidia.​

You have to find the IntelGFX and ig-platform-id for your specific board. Mine is a Kaby Lake i7-7700K so IntelFGX = 0x59128086 and ig-platform-id = 0x59120000.

I would create a boot USB drive and put the modified config.plist on that drive. Every time you run an update, boot with that USB drive so you don't have to edit the working config.plist on your HD/SSD.

I am going to point you to this thread I created on backups. Watch the video, it's stupid simple. All you have to do is have a second hard drive or SSD to do backups to. I follow this method and I've tested it, it works.

This guy's method looks overkill and fits his scenario.
My ideal scenario for backing up is,
Step1: I can freely create a complete image file with backup macos APP of the Hackintosh MacOS at chosen time, e.g. right before I go for a major OS update, in any other hard drive bigger (AOHDB) than MacOS, and I wish that AOHDB doesn't have to be formatted to become bootable(uefi) or not, which is most convenient.
Step2: Whenever my hacked OSx is broken, I can boot in to Windows and access the image file created from Step 1 and restore the whole system in one click.

So far, I can't find such thing, but using PE pendrive from macrium reflect professional https://www.macrium.com/ works for me.

I don't know if the following steps would work with your system but here is what I did (my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z270XP-SLI, which is a 200-series board):

1. Enable Internal Graphics in the BIOS Chipset section and set Pre-Allocated to 128MB, DVMT Total Gfx Mem to 256MB

2. Modify your config.plist file using Clover Configurator:

a. Select change GFX0 to IGPU patch on the Acpi screen​

b. Set Devices > IntelGFX = <id_for_your_board>, Graphics > ig-platform-id = <id_for_your_board>, and check Graphics > Inject Intel option. Do not check Inject NVidia.​

You have to find the IntelGFX and ig-platform-id for your specific board. Mine is a Kaby Lake i7-7700K so IntelFGX = 0x59128086 and ig-platform-id = 0x59120000.

I would create a boot USB drive and put the modified config.plist on that drive. Every time you run an update, boot with that USB drive so you don't have to edit the working config.plist on your HD/SSD.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. Dummy questions (I'm trying my first "update" after susccesfully installed 10.13.2 a month ago with a GTX1060):
1. After setting all with the iGPU as described. Do you actually have to connect the monitor to the internal Graphics video output? That's not an option for me because my korean monitor does not have an scaller and the iGPU can't drive a dual-DVI link for the native resolution.
2. Where do I get the "id_for_my_board"?

First official Apple update for me after hacking my Mac Pro (ex4,1-now5,1 with Palit silent 1050Ti to 4K tv as monitor)
I didn’t know better so I said yes, sure update that supplemental thingy, like usual routine.
Well, no luck... nothing on the big screen!
Ran here for cover and learned my lesson.
But I actually recovered fairly quickly though:
- popped in the old GT 120 (in addition to the Palit)
- connected a back up monitor to the 120
- booted, backup monitor lights up
- FINISHED the update
- once done, arrive on desktop where the Nvidia manager tells me it’s using the default macOS driver... this explains that
- the Nividia manager offers to update to .158... Now, now, I check in here first
- confirms that version, install it, reboot and tadaaa... 4K lits up
- back to normal

Final state: Build 17D102 and Nvidia .158

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back