Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Using Intel graphics and idling that monster 1080Ti is like parking your beat up Yugo in the garage and leaving the new BMW parked in the street...

I don't even have the Intel graphics option turned on in BIOS and I switch between OS X and Win10 everyday.
Yeah, I understand what you saying...lol
But I have had poor performance from my Nvidia cards since moving to the “Webdriver”
This has been two computers, 3 different Nvidia cards, over the course of 2 years (or when ever Nvidia started using this method). The one thing in common is the Webdriver.
It’s kind of hard to tell, because the system is mostly usable, but as you start to get in the groove of using the machine, you notice jerky graphics performance. I have troubleshot this issue for years. Read many different post regarding Webdriver and performance, and I notice people don’t put it out directly, but I’m not alone.
Moving to Intel cleared all that up. MacOS runs like it should on Intel, perfect 4K graphics performance.

Damn, looks like we almost have the same machine! I had your same card for a day, I found it wouldn’t fit in my old case, so I switch it to this Hybrid version. I wonder how you got it booted and working on .158. My machine wouldn’t even boot, I just ripped out the drivers. My machine is currently booting, with no graphics acceleration. I tried patching the .104 driver unsuccessfully, (which has worked before). My machine currently boots super slow. I’m thinking about running out and getting a RX560.

Last edited:
You made me reboot.... to check to see if I really have PEG set and IGPU off. My BIOS doesn't have a "IGPU OFF" setting, just a PEG/IGPU option for primary.

When I first built this system I put it together using the IGPU and then later added the 1080Ti. Perhaps I have some setting leftover from then. Not sure, but the IGPU is not on and I just checked AirPlay and things work.

You can find out if IGPU is enabled by using IORegistryExplorer. This is how it looks on a real iMac17,1:
Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 3.48.12 PM.png

Good to know. I was just saying that unless my reading skills are subpar, I haven't seen this noted anywhere in any of the tonymac guides.

IGPU is also needed for HEVC.
1-11.png

I just ran IORegistryExplorer and I do not have IGPU enabled. AirPlay is playing through the downstairs amplifier form iTunes upstairs.

Sorry. I think we had some miscommunications. AirPlay Audio does not require IGPU. AirPlay Mirroring does.

Anyone having problems after update with imessage ? thanks (activation error)

Anyone having problems after update with imessage ? thanks (activation error)

Did you install Multibeast afterwards? Everytime Multibeast installs clover again it wipes out my config.plist and puts a new/different Serial Number in place. Have you logged into iCloud.com and checked how many systems you have registered?

Okay, back on post #80 I basically asked why bother with this update considering it was apparently only for a relatively limited number of users... I've not seen anything to answer that so being reckless I decided to go for it anyway.

It's really annoying when someone tells you their update went quickly, easily and with zero problems ... Well, sorry, mine did.

I just made a backup of my EFI folder, checked FakeSMC was in "Other" and installed. At reboot I chose the Install Update icon in the Clover menu, waited about five minutes and after the final reboot, all was working as it had been before. No need to re-install anything.

Not sure why so many have problems when I consider my machine is nothing special at all. Unless it is the GPU I'm using etc.

Any road up. All done.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back