Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
boy, that was a wild ride to update the system...

I forgot to update the apfs.efi file to the clover drivers folder AND did not update the Nvidia driver.

Worst case -> boot loop

If you guys have another working computer (win or mac) just download the file. Put it on a USB drive. Start Clover and use the EFIshell to copy the file to the right clover folder (EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/).

use the help command if you not familier with the efishell.
With "vol" you can see all your partitions.
my usb drive was fs0 and my efi partition was fs3. So I could copy the file with the following commands:

fs0: //hit enter -> to change to the usb drive
cp APFS.efi fs3:\EFI\CLOVER\drivers64UEFI\ //hit enter -> to copy the file to my EFI partition on my macOS SSD. And look that you use backslashes \ and not forward slashes / between the folders, but you can use the TAB key to complete the names

Be careful and search for your EFI partition with the vol command. (It is easier if you disconnect all other drives from your board).

After that I used the flag nv_disable=1 I accidently used it wrong (nvdisable=1) without the underscore and of course it did not work and drove me nuts.
You also should switch off the "use Nvidia Web driver" flag in the "Graphics injector menu". So with the right settings and the right file in the right spot your system should start. Update your Nvidia Drivers and restart your System. After that it should work.

At least it worked for me.

Good luck

I did not uninstall the nvidia driver like it was advised somewhere in this thread.
I updated via the appStore, than I have this error message when I boot (see attached image please).

What should I do ?
I have a windows machine on which I can mount the EFI partition and do changes.
I can also use command lines ...

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2872.JPG
    IMG_2872.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
I did not uninstall the nvidia driver like it was advised somewhere in this thread.
I updated via the appStore, than I have this error message when I boot (see attached image please).

What should I do ?
I have a windows machine on which I can mount the EFI partition and do changes.
I can also use command lines ...

Thank you in advance.

I updated from the AppStore too. My system is running atm.

did you try the nv_disable part of my post above yours? And maybe you should look in the ACPI section if the correct table is dropped. Think it's the MATS table you have to drop.

I'd hate to promise you it would all be ok but it did work successfully for me.

Thank you for sharing that info. It's all good now. Back to HFS+

+1 working
followed the post #1 + #2 and updated clover + clover config (+ new apfs.efi) while downloading the update from Apple Store.
then it asked to restart, installed a bit like windows and rebooted, clover did highlight the install and it booted rather long in the install window (seemed like the one when doing a major update like 10.12 to 10.13), showed install time 36min ---) on SSD!! took so 5-6min, rebooted -) working, had to re do the toleda script for audio but BT usb stick + grafix all working fine.

Last edited:
nv_disable=1 worked almost ... still stuck.
Thank's scrump :)
In fact I did the same mistakes :( no new efi, boot with old nvidia drivers, and i got the infinit boot loop.

"Tried using different csr-active-config, nv-disable=1, but not luck. I'm also not using EmuVariable."
"Not true. I do not have this file and have this problem."

If I understand correctly, "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" is an emulator of NVRAM for those motherboards which do not have NVRAM built into the hardware. In my case the Gigabyte H170N has no hardware NVRAM, so it needs that file. Apparently the ASUS P8Z77-I has NVRAM on board... so the file isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back