Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to download it following this link. Perhaps substitute 'us' in the link for you country code.
Yes, eventually did find this too. Did you install this complete update on an existing, working 10.13 boot drive?

If you run the update, either from App Store or dmg, and after reboot you don't find the "Install macOS on..." option on clover, it is most likely your disk have CoreStorage enabled and is not compatible.

To disable (in my case, it was a non-destructive procedure), you can do the following:

- diskutil cs info disk0s2, where disk0s2 is your OS disk.
- Search for your Logical Volume UUID (a very long hexadecimal number, with hyphens), and run the following
- sudo diskutil cs revert UUID
ej: sudo diskutil cs revert 4ABC9C0D-005C-46AA-9EC6-5F6798A42D66
- Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (temporal).
- Re-run the update process (App Store or dmg).
- After the reboot, you must see the option in clover.
- After the installation finishes, replace EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Good question- I just tested this and the update definitely will NOT convert the base install from HFS+ to APFS.

I'm still on Sierra (10.12.6) and have not yet made the jump to High Sierra yet because of the APFS issue - I do NOT want the conversion, as the Linux tools I use can handle HFS and HFS+ but not APFS (yet). I am running a multi-boot system off of two SSDs, and from what I had seen in earlier info from Apple, SSDs WOULD be converted but not HDDs. So - the definitive word is that it WON'T convert my Hackintosh boot partition?

Also, I'm on Clover 3949 - update advised first? Thanks very much!

Last edited:
I stuck in 80% of the bar with Apple logo after first reboot. Any ideas?
I am running:
MSI H110M PRO DE
I5 7400
16gb ddr4
2 ssds for multiboot and 2 hdd for data
Gigabyte GTX 960 4gb

I did this:
- Replace APFS in Clover
- Launch from dmg
- restart a select "install from (muy ssd name)"
- The installation goes to 80% and stuck for hours.

I'm still on Sierra (10.12.6) and have not yet made the jump to High Sierra yet because of the APFS issue - I do NOT want the conversion, as the Linux tools I use can hand HFS and HFS+ not not APFS (yet). I am running a multi-boot system off of two SSDs, and from what I had seen in earlier info from Apple, SSDs WOULD be converted but not HDDs. So - the definitive word is that it WON'T convert my Hackintosh boot partition?

Also, I'm on Clover 3949 - update advised first? Thanks very much!
You can update without converting by running the Installer with the right parameters as shown in this Guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

Check the title “Alternative Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (HFS+)”

reporting safe update without a hitch just added apfs.efi updated file in clover efi and audio doesnt work but i have external audio solutions from behringer umc404 hd that works with mac oob so not even going to bother fixing audio

I have upgraded from macOS 10.13 to macOS 10.13.1.
I have encountered a couple of problems. I solved them, I hope it could help the others as well.

Problem #1:
Installation failed because of Error: "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged."

Solution:
Install the latest FakeSMC.kext.
(Don't forget to upgrade to the latest Clover EFI.)

Problem #2
Your Hackintosh uses Nvidia web driver and alway reboots after installation.

Solution:
1. Enable nv_disable in boot menu temporarily.
2. ssh your hackintosh (If SSH server (Remote Login) is enabled on your hackintosh)
3. Install Nvidia Web Driver for macOS 10.13.1 in command line.
sudo installer -pkg ./WebDriver-378.10.10.10.20.107.pkg -target /

Excellent! That looks like the ticket. Much appreciated! Can I go directly to 10.13.1 or do I need to install 10.13.0 first?
Go straight to 13.1 unless you like installing macOS.

App Store update went just fine for me on my Z97 system with AMD RX480. Just had to fix audio, but everything else is perfect.

EDIT: I'm running APFS, and I updated from 10.13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back