Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, what SSD disk do you have? On High Sierra with NVMe disks TRIM is enabled automatically. It cant be turned off.

Ok, that explains it. SSD 960 EVO. I guess my options are now either to wait it out until a fix come, OR do a complete re-install using HFS.

Up until now , I have had no issues with APFS. It is just the slow boot.

thank you for the info

Fabrizio,
struggled with the same problem, I found a solution that maybe it is only relevant for my motherboard, but that's what I did
  • Mounted EFI
  • Replaced apfs.efi with the updated one (see first post in thread)
  • Moved /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to Desktop (I need it for later)
  • Apple Store : update to 10.13.1
  • Upon reboot, install from "Install macOS from (your drive name)"
  • Installation finalized, reboot to "your drive name" this time
  • Mounted EFI
  • Copied back EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Desktop to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/
  • (for my specific graphic card) Installed new Nvidia drivers
  • reboot
This worked for me but I don't have afps so I only removed /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, installed and moved it back after the update.
Thanks!

Fabrizio,
struggled with the same problem, I found a solution that maybe it is only relevant for my motherboard, but that's what I did
  • Mounted EFI
  • Moved /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to Desktop (I need it for later)
  • Mounted EFI
  • Copied back EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Desktop to /EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64.UEFI/
  • reboot
I do not have an apfs.efi file to replace. Is that the problem when I get this "cannot find ...mpkg" file?

Ok, that explains it. SSD 960 EVO. I guess my options are now either to wait it out until a fix come, OR do a complete re-install using HFS.

Up until now , I have had no issues with APFS. It is just the slow boot.

thank you for the info
You could clone to another drive. Reformat you NVMe drive back to HFS+ and clone back again?
Carbon copy cloner supports this.

after update to 10.13.1 with latest Nvidia graphics driver, my PC when booting with install clover close to the welcome screen always persistent reboot but if i boot with my usb installer clover, this issue is not present and the system boot fine with my GTX 1050 TI working but not with my config and fixes as it uses the boot config from my usb installer. any idea how about this problem?

Unable to install 10.13.1, at clover screen clicked on "Boot MacInstall..." (done three times) and it looks like it is installing, Apple logo and progress bar then black screen and nothing. Hard restart after and back to 10.13 on reboot. What am I doing wrong?

Fabrizio,
  • Mounted EFI
  • Mounted EFI
  • reboot

Bump for this, same process for me as supplemental update. NVidia web driver did not require uninstall, prompted me for update after OS update was complete.

BWAAARG, I can't install this either. OSinstall.mpfg or something is missing. Guess I need to do the stupid **** with the pkg and single user mode and stuff.

Where can I find the pkg to this update?

See Post #108, had same issue w/ 10.13 supplemental update, Move EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI to desktop, replace after update is complete.

after update to 10.13.1 with latest Nvidia graphics driver, my PC when booting with install clover close to the welcome screen always persistent reboot but if i boot with my usb installer clover, this issue is not present and the system boot fine with my GTX 1050 TI working but not with my config and fixes as it uses the boot config from my usb installer. any idea how about this problem?

I've had a similar issue (somewhat). So I set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 then I removed all NVDA* from /S/L/E and /L/E then I booted with nv_disable=1. You have to change CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 in clover THEN install Nvidia web driver. After driver installation, before rebooting, you can switch back to 0x67.

No issues - Audio in tact and trim still enabled.

Screen.jpg

Thanks Tonymac et al.

:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back