Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful upgrade to 10.12.4 on my Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Xeon

Last edited:
my hackintosh is now on 10.11.6 i have updated clover to v.4049. can I use combo update to sierra 10.12.4?
and is night shift available for use in 10.12.4? my reason to update :)
thank you guys

my hackintosh is now on 10.11.6 i have updated clover to v.4049. can I use combo update to sierra 10.12.4?
thank you guys
I think the combo update should work. Always backup your partition when doing an install.

Night Shift seems to work on my Dell UP2715K when I'm running at 5K, but not at 4K. If I turn it on during 5K, and change to 4K, then it works.

I don't see a Night Shift option on my Mac Pro 2008 (also running 10.12.4) with Apple 30" Cinema Display and Nvidia GTX 680 card.

thank you guys

You need to use the macOS installer to go from 10.11->10.12.
There is no "combo update" that will cross major versions.

You need to use the macOS installer to go from 10.11->10.12.
There is no "combo update" that will cross major versions.
thanks for you reply.
i updated clover to the newest v.4049. chose install sierra 10.12.4. the system reboot, I can see "macOS install' drive in clover but can not boot in to update.
may be the problem with caches but v.4049 remove "boot without caches" option
panic GPUDriverIntel caches
could you give me a solutions?
thanks you very much

sorry I dont know how to rotate image in forum

Attachments

• IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Everything seems to work fine except that every time I turn on my machine I get the pop up window "macOS upadates installed".
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 11.10.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 11.10.55 AM.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 230
after Update I can't login into the App Store on my GA-Z97N-Gaming5 . After deleting the Network Device and a
"sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist" all works perfect again.

7) System freezes. Not minor. Complete lock-up. Initially every 15-30 minutes needing a reset to clear. They became less when I did yet another 10.12.3 install then upgrade to 10.12.4. What would happen is that the mouse-pointer would freeze solid. No keys moved anything. The Caps-Lock light worked on/off as intended so it looked like USB was still working. Reboot only way out.

Well I am having system freezes as well for some reason after a while. Though it takes about 1-2 hours for that to happen. I can boot back normally into the OS without any problems. Have you got any idea/fixes for these freezes by any chance?

Also, how can you downgrade back to 10.12.3?

Well I am having system freezes as well for some reason after a while. Though it takes about 1-2 hours for that to happen. I can boot back normally into the OS without any problems. Have you got any idea/fixes for these freezes by any chance?

Also, how can you downgrade back to 10.12.3?

Hello :)

Sorry to hear you have this problem too.

The way I improved things was actually simple - I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers, re-installed 10.12.3, then updated again to 10.12.4 and finally added the new Nvidia web-drivers.

I do not know exactly what was causing the system freezes but they haven't happened since I did this.

To re-install 10.12.3 is easy. Just use your UniBeast stick from a previous Sierra - in my case that was 10.12.0 - then apply the 10.12.3 combo update to get there.

Do *not* format your boot drive or you will lose all your data. As this is still a Sierra system the installer lets you "update" to an earlier version without damaging anything already on there.

Hope that helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back