Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
To re-install 10.12.3 is easy. Just use your UniBeast stick from a previous Sierra - in my case that was 10.12.0 - then apply the 10.12.3 combo update to get there.

I have a bit of a problem. I only have the 10.12.4 version on the stick. I don't have any previous versions unfortunately. Is there another way that I can fall back to 10.12.3 or do I have to wait for the next update?

Another successful install here over first version of Sierra 10.12. Just made sure I installed latest Clover on the mac partition before updating. Z87, 4770k,

Dear all,
Long time reading first time posting. I only have one minor issue with the update, prior to this update everything was working as it should. I am using the integrated graphics HD530 and i remember before in the system report there was "tv support:yes" for my monitor which allowed me to use the underscan slider to set up the screen borders. Now this option disappeared and the menu bar is gone. I have installed the pascal drivers successfully but same story there. Tv support disappeared after the update not after the webdrivers. any ideas how to force enable tv support or something? I removed the hd530 screen glitch since no longer needed but nothing changed. Plus in order to get a full list of available screen resolutions i have to option click scaled.
Thank you for your valuable help so far

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 12.31.27 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-18 at 12.31.27 pm.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 137
Got everything installed after so many headaches!

but with 1 issue...

i have my boot volue set to Macintosh HD in clover but my computer is booting into the install by default. i tried setting the vuidd but the macOS install and macOS are both on the Macintosh HD using the same vuidd. anyone know how to bypass the MacOS Install volume and go straigh to the MacOS volume in clover? Or how to change the volume hierarchy so the MacOS volume is chosen before the MacOS install?

Thanks in advance!

I HAVE AN QUESTION I lost my recovery (macOS install) volume in clover how can ı get back it

Just updated with success!

1. Updated Clover as instructions at post #1.
2. Download and install the MacOS combo update 10.12.4.
3. Restart
4. Asked me to update Nvidia Web driver.
5. Restart.

Everything works fine!

Hey everyone. I'm experiencing a super weird SSD issue with 10.12.4 and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I've got an Intel 600p 512GB NVMe that has worked flawlessly right up until the 10.12.4 update. It's running with
RehabMan's patch-nvme/IONVMeFamily.kext and what I'm experiencing is that at completely random times - it could be a couple hours or a couple days or a week - the read and write speeds completely tank, all the way down to about 5MB/s! The system is completely unusable/sluggish at that point.

If I warm reboot, macOS boots back up and the drive is still immediately slow. If I cold reboot, the drive is speedy again at 600MB/s write and 1500MB/s read, but eventually - hours, days, a week - and I'm back to the same 5MB/s read and write issue.

Trim is enabled and the drive is error free, per intel's drive tools (smart/scan etc). The same issue happens when booting into safe mode. I'm not seeing anything strange in the logs.

I thought maybe it was overheating and therefore being throttled, but if I immediately boot into windows, the temp is below 50C, so normal.

I'm at a loss as to what is triggering this, this started happening immediately after updating to 10.12.4.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back