Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. While deleting IONVMeFamily.kext is "instant gratification", it will cost you more time in the future than doing the class-code spoof in the first place.

My opinion: The class-code spoof is the only right way to approach this problem.

It is available from the macOS installer. Just run the installer again (make sure to download the version you have installed) but don't erase the target partition.
so I have yet another question please help me understand ..I have only hackrnvmefamily.KEXT in s/l/e I don't se IONVMEFAMILY.KEXT so that means its deleted then when I update now it will be ok for me ?do I have to edit new 10.12.2 kext to patch file now before updating into config.plist or after the installing update from App Store ? and about spoofing I don't see any guide I am a bit confused I am skeptical if I update I won't b able to boot don't wana mess up with this ....on more thing I have a ionvmefamily.kext.bak folder sitting in username home folder ..why is that and is that a backup or something .. problem is I don't know if I have to copy ionvmefamily.kext after the update or now if its needed and then spoof also so that they co exist , or its okay if ionvmefamily .kext is not there in my s/l/e please help me understand

so I have yet another question please help me understand ..I have only hackrnvmefamily.KEXT in s/l/e I don't se IONVMEFAMILY.KEXT so that means its deleted then when I update now it will be ok for me ?

You deleted it.
It will be restored by the update and will likely cause panic.

do I have to edit new 10.12.2 kext to patch file now before updating into config.plist

The patches for 10.12.2 IONVMeFamily are the same as for 10.12.1.

and about spoofing I don't see any guide I am a bit confused I am skeptical if I update I won't b able to boot don't wana mess up with this

If you plan to do the class-code spoof, read the guide carefully and do it one step at a time.
Suggest:
- initially inject "#class-code" not "class-code"
- verify in ioreg that you injected "#class-code" correctly
- then edit the Info.plist of HackrNVMeFamily.kext as per guide
- change your injection to be "class-code" and install the new HackrNVMeFamily.kext (with modified IOPCIClassMatch)
- make sure you have no patches for IONVMeFamily in config.plist
- you can put the modified HackrNVMeFamily in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for booting the recovery partition or for the installer
- after it is working... you can then restore IONVMeFamily.kext

....on more thing I have a ionvmefamily.kext.bak folder sitting in username home folder ..why is that and is that a backup or something ..

Something you created... suspect it is a backup. You should keep better notes about what you did...

problem is I don't know if I have to copy ionvmefamily.kext after the update or now if its needed and then spoof also so that they co exist , or its okay if ionvmefamily .kext is not there in my s/l/e please help me understand

Once you're using the spoofed class-code and HackrNVMeFamily, you can update HackrNVMeFamily at your convenience and you don't have to worry about native IONVMeFamily.kext causing problems (it never loads because class-code doesn't match what it is looking for).

You deleted it.
It will be restored by the update and will likely cause panic.

The patches for 10.12.2 IONVMeFamily are the same as for 10.12.1.

If you plan to do the class-code spoof, read the guide carefully and do it one step at a time.
Suggest:
- initially inject "#class-code" not "class-code"
- verify in ioreg that you injected "#class-code" correctly
- then edit the Info.plist of HackrNVMeFamily.kext as per guide
- change your injection to be "class-code" and install the new HackrNVMeFamily.kext (with modified IOPCIClassMatch)
- make sure you have no patches for IONVMeFamily in config.plist
- you can put the modified HackrNVMeFamily in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for booting the recovery partition or for the installer
- after it is working... you can then restore IONVMeFamily.kext

Something you created... suspect it is a backup. You should keep better notes about what you did...

Once you're using the spoofed class-code and HackrNVMeFamily, you can update HackrNVMeFamily at your convenience and you don't have to worry about native IONVMeFamily.kext causing problems (it never loads because class-code doesn't match what it is looking for).
ok thanks rehab man I try to follow the guide .I will try my best to keep notes in future ...please bare with me if I have nobody questions ..

Update partially successful. macOS Update with no problems. ALC1150 audio, network, NVMe with new patch etc. working, BUT nVidia drivers (beta and release) broken with my GTX 950. Does not boot into desktop, only with nv_disable=1. No idea what to do now. Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Solved with https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

macOS10122.png

Last edited:
Update went smooth with Clover. After update my USB sound adapter didn't work anymore. So I switched back to onboard sound with Realtek 1150 driver from Multibeast. What did happen to USB sound?

Update went fine, installed new NVIDIA web drivers had to do AGDPfix again to avoid black screen at bootup and ran audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0 to get 1150 sound working again.

So far everything seems fine. Updated via the App Store, rebooted with "nv_disable=1". Once at desktop, downloaded the new Nvidia drivers. Reboot again without the amendment. All seems to be working as before.

Thank you Tonymacx86 and the community!

:)

Everything is OK, but waiting for new CUDA driver.
Thanks for your info, guys.

Updated without any problem. :)

Updated via App Store, rebooted and installed Nvidia driver, smooth update, nice new wallpapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back