Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Hey Guys, I updated OS X from 10.12 and now my Hackintosh doesn't boot anymore. Gives KP.

I tried to boot in safe mode with no luck -> tells me Error Loading Kernel Cache.
Tried to boot without cache -> tells me Error Loading Kernel Cache.

I'm not sure what else to try.. I've been searching for a solution for over 2hrs now :(

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Intel NUC i7 RYH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Iris 6100
Do you have HDMI Audio? I lost my HDMI Audio when I went to 10.12.2. I have the same Broadwell i7 NUC

I seem to have lost it as well, but wasn't using it so didn't notice. I have a desktop conference speaker with a headphone jack that I use for my primary audio that's supported as USB audio OOB.

I did lose bluetooth as well, though, do you still have bluetooth working?

Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
3.5GHz i5-4670
Graphics
HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
welp, looks like it might have been a recent BIOS upgrade. must have just been dumb luck that i managed to reboot OK the very few times i did so between upgrading to F7 on that board and jumping to Sierra. did a most terrifying downgrade to F5 BIOS with fpt util and the system is booting consistently no matter what's connected.

argh, now my primary display (no matter what monitor i hook up or video card i use) refuses to allow a resolution higher than 1280x800 anywhere, bios, windows, os x... that bios update really screwed things up.

edit: likely something's gone weird with HDCP. few rounds of musical ports, plugging and unplugging, and i can get full rez on my GTX 950.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 760 Windforce 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just updated using the App Store.
Weirdest thing about the whole process was that the "Update" button in the App Store wouldn't actually let me press it! I rebooted twice, and on the second reboot, it asked if I wanted to install the update. I did, it said it would take 20mins, but took about 35 seconds. Rebooted, installed new Nvidia Drivers and all is well, as far as I can tell I didn't lose anything at all.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i5 7600
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Update worked without a hitch! Audio, video, network all working as previously configured.

Sierra10-12-2.jpeg

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
I can boot the system with the Intel GPU: can I make the edit from there? Any other clover check I need to make? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I tried that config but the screen is still black. As soon as I plug the monitor into the Intel GPU, the screen works. Do I have to set anything else? (In BIOS all things GPU is set to Auto since setting it to my nvidia has no effect and it reverts back to Auto.)

Hi there, are you solved your issue with the 660 TI GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.