Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're using HackrNVMeFamily and wish to patch the 10.12.2 kext instead of using the 10.12.1 kext on 10.12.2... yes.

Correct.
But my purpose in posting that link was so @kiu77 can implement the class-code spoof that allows IONVMeFamily.kext to co-exist with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext.
I have another question so I don't have to run the command in terminal to create another hackrnvmefamily kext ..I just have to edit my config file with 10.12.2 .plist to let kexts to patch isn't it please clarify .. and that means I can update now cause I have hackrnvmefamily kext in sle already .

I have another question so I don't have to run the command in terminal to create another hackrnvmefamily kext ..I just have to edit my config file with 10.12.2 .plist to let kexts to patch isn't it please clarify .. and that means I can update now cause I have hackrnvmefamily kext in sle already .

You can read about my concerns with using Clover KextsToPatch for this particular problem.

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Well, I learned a couple lessons-

1) I need to do the NVMe patch/injection workaround so as next time an update comes through the IONvmeFamily.kext doesn't match and prevent booting the machine.

2) in my hurry to get things going again, I deleted the IONvmeFamily.kext prior to generating a new hacknvme kext, therefore making it difficult to do so.

Anyone know where I can find another copy of this kext? Maybe within the combo installer for the update or ? I still have the 12_1 hacknvme kext which I need to test to see if still works.

Fortunately the NVMe disk is used only for my windows partition, so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Successfully updated fine. Issue with no audio as applehda.kext showed back up in s/l/e, so I deleted it, restarted and the voodoo hda kicked in and running great :)

Last edited:
My new wallpaper

Color Burst 2.jpg

1) I need to do the NVMe patch/injection workaround so as next time an update comes through the IONvmeFamily.kext doesn't match and prevent booting the machine.

Definitely. While deleting IONVMeFamily.kext is "instant gratification", it will cost you more time in the future than doing the class-code spoof in the first place.

My opinion: The class-code spoof is the only right way to approach this problem.

Anyone know where I can find another copy of this kext?

It is available from the macOS installer. Just run the installer again (make sure to download the version you have installed) but don't erase the target partition.

I just updated via the app store without any issues. :thumbup:

No problem on Broadwell NUC from the app store. Tried wifi for grins, no dice :(.

Still the same display reset with a 4k/displayport monitor on boot, have to turn the monitor off and back on to get the display up (but not on sleep). I suspect this is the macbook system definition's issue, minor inconvenience.

Thanks Rehabman,

I just extracted the kext in question out of the combo update pkg, and replaced it in S/L/E. Created new hackNVMe kext with your patcher script, and am back in business.

Will be doing the class-code spoof next, as I now understand the consequences of not having done so previously. (Turned 10 minute task of updating into two hours of hack-n-slash research/fix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back