Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloaded the stand-alone installer, but applied update from Apple Store. Then Applied Nvidia web driver. Flawless and works like a charm!

I am on a Hackintosh with an RX 480, so bad news for you all that were wondering: It still is not supported. And the update broke the frame buffer .kext modifications I had made, to get it running.
"About this Mac" now reports "AMD R9 xxx 8192MB" and I get no acceleration.

Otherwise the update went fine with audio still working on the ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming and Core i7-6700.

Will report if I get the RX 480 running again.
:(

so I have to repatch after the update for patch 10.12.2 .plist for nvme ?

If you're using HackrNVMeFamily and wish to patch the 10.12.2 kext instead of using the 10.12.1 kext on 10.12.2... yes.

I m currently on 12.1 and did the patch for nvme ..but after update I have to patch again ? for 10.12.2 right

Correct.
But my purpose in posting that link was so @kiu77 can implement the class-code spoof that allows IONVMeFamily.kext to co-exist with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext.

Dell E6220 hackie laptop here... Easy upgrade, only sound didn't work and I had to replace AppleHDA.kext with the one I used during installation. Now it's working great :D

If you're using HackrNVMeFamily and wish to patch the 10.12.2 kext instead of using the 10.12.1 kext on 10.12.2... yes.

Correct.
But my purpose in posting that link was so @kiu77 can implement the class-code spoof that allows IONVMeFamily.kext to co-exist with HackrNVMeFamily*.kext.
I think I have also to spoof it then if I want to update before I should also follow that guide then

Got the RX 480 working again, full acceleration, Metal support and Safari/video are working as before.
To get it running I followed the same procedure as on 10.12/10.12.1: Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext to include "0x67DF0000" for the Baffin frame buffer, rebuild kextcache and reboot.
To have "AMD RX 480" instead of "AMD R9 xxx" reported in "About this Mac", one can edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD9500Controller using a hex editor, simply search for "R9 xxx" and replace it with "RX 480", takes effect after rebooting.

Unfortunately, if you had audio patched using MultiBeast and/or audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, you will have to do that again after rebuilding the kext cache.

EDIT: Somehow, RX 480 behaves slightly different now. Prior to the update and reenabling, I had to connect the display to iGPU and after login unplug it and replug it into the RX 480, otherwise it would hang at 90% of the boot up progress bar, unfortunately after replugging the display macOS would always detect 2 displays (with the non-existent one at 800x600), which was annoying because sometimes windows would open on the non-existing display meaning there was no way to interact with them.
However, now I can boot with the display connected to the RX 480 with black screen and graphics will come up once the login screen appears. So, slightly good news, I guess :)

Last edited:
Upgraded to 10.12.2 without any noticable problems - using beta drivers from nvidia for the Asus Strix GTX970

Last edited:
Got the RX 480 working again, full acceleration, Metal support and Safari/video are working as before.
To get it running I followed the same procedure as on 10.12/10.12.1: Edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4100.kext to include "0x67DF0000" for the Baffin frame buffer, rebuild kextcache and reboot.
To have "AMD RX 480" instead of "AMD R9 xxx" reported in "About this Mac", one can edit /System/Library/Extensions/AMD9500Controller.kext/Contents/MacOS/AMD9500Controller using a hex editor, simply search for "R9 xxx" and replace it with "RX 480", takes effect after rebooting.

Unfortunately, if you had audio patched using MultiBeast and/or audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0d.command, you will have to do that again after rebuilding the kext cache.

EDIT: Somehow, RX 480 behaves slightly different now. Prior to the update and reenabling, I had to connect the display to iGPU and after login unplug it and replug it into the RX 480, otherwise it would hang at 90% of the boot up progress bar, unfortunately after replugging the display macOS would always detect 2 displays (with the non-existent one at 800x600), which was annoying because sometimes windows would open on the non-existing display meaning there was no way to interact with them.
However, now I can boot with the display connected to the RX 480 with black screen and graphics will come up once the login screen appears. So, slightly good news, I guess :)
a bit hope is there hahahah;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back