Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I was using it on Windows but couldn't use it for my other HD with MAC on it because of lack of drivers.
I've taken it out and using my old HD 6850 GPU now :(

You can get a HD7970 or R9 280X to use for Mac OS X. You might be able to use RX 480 with the 6850 as a helper card to boot. Investigate on the relevant threads in the graphics section. Find out what does not work and figure out if you can live with it. Consider RX 480 very experimental.

You should really use the class-code spoof so you don't have to delete IONVMeFamily.kext...
what is class code spof ..I just built recent 6700k with gigabyte z170x designare and Samsung 960 250 gb name m.2 so I followed the guide and Sierra works well on it ..do I also have to delete the kext .cause I remember I dint had to in the guide but after this update will I have to ?

Updated my Asus P8H77-I to 10.12.2 using the combo update from Apple.

Two reboots, the first failed, after the second reboot everything worked fine without any reinstallations.
I don't use audio on that device and it doesn't have discrete graphics, it's only for transcoding.

Wait with my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3/GTX 660 until the proper NVIDIA webdrivers are out.

is there good news for and rx 480 8gb ? after this update

I think that it looks to be the same as the public beta which we are able to discuss openly. looks like there are no changes to AMD, Intel or nVidia graphics. Give it a few hours/day or so to see if anyone finds anything.

I am not expecting much change until after the new Mac models arrive but who knows what Apple will actually do and when. If you wish to try a RX 480 then go ahead, but treat it as experimental. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Update done without problems everything works

Sucks that i spent $400+ on a GPU that isn't supported. :(
Can anyone confirm if RX 480 works on 10.12.2?
I am also waiting to know if rx 480 gets native support now .but rx 480 does have an easy work around by changing device id in 4100kext did u not try it yet ?

I think that it looks to be the same as the public beta which we are able to discuss openly. looks like there are now changes to AMD, Intel or nVidia graphics. Give it a few hours/day or so to see if anyone finds anything.

I am not expecting much change until after the new Mac models arrive but who knows what Apple will actually do and when. If you wish to try a RX 480 then go ahead, but treat it as experimental. :thumbup:
it will be a miracle and a good surprise day after tomorrow my rx 480 will arrive in mail who knows when I plug in what will happen its a suspense but until then I will eagerly wait for if anyone else has a good news that so many ppl want to hear .. lets see

I am on a Hackintosh with an RX 480, so bad news for you all that were wondering: It still is not supported. And the update broke the frame buffer .kext modifications I had made, to get it running.
"About this Mac" now reports "AMD R9 xxx 8192MB" and I get no acceleration.

Otherwise the update went fine with audio still working on the ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming and Core i7-6700.

Will report if I get the RX 480 running again.

You should really use the class-code spoof so you don't have to delete IONVMeFamily.kext...
Oh, seems, that I missed something. May I ask you for a link to read about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back