Contribute
Register

Machine will turn on but will not display to monitor. Not sure what's going on. Any help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel 4-core 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 WindForce
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first time building a Hackintosh. So let me explain the situation as best I can with the limited Hackintosh lingo I possess.

(background info - non essential to the issue but may hold some value)
I have successfully installed El Capitan onto my computer with relative ease. However it was the post installation issues that were starting to get to me, and I was getting desperate for a solution (graphics card not being fully recognized, no wifi or bluetooth, and the RAM was not being recognized as what it is). The most important thing to me is the graphics issues, so I tried to solve those first. I searched the forums, used boot flags, installed drivers, changed things on Clover Configurator - nothing was working. Which leads me here...

(what seems to have caused of the issue)
Here is what I remember doing before my computer stopped working:
I changed something (don't remember what exactly) that caused my computer to go through a Kernel panic/reboot loop. I thought maybe the issue lied with the graphics card, and so I switched the BIOS to use the integrated graphics in my i7 instead of using my graphics card. Nothing would show up on the monitor through my HDMI cord (which is now plugged into my mobo as opposed to my graphics card as it was before). I don't know what's going on.

I've tried to (blindly) boot it up into the BIOS and use the hotkey to reset to the Optimized Defaults, but that doesn't seem to do anything - so I muse have messed up something really bad. Any help or input of any kind is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

SPECS:

HARDWARE
Motherboard: GA-H170N wifi
CPU: Intel i7 6700K - quad core
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960
RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 2x8gb

SOFTWARE
OSX El Capitan 10.11.5
UniBeast 6.2.0​

You can't even see the BIOS?

That's correct. However, last night I unplugged the battery, shorted the CLRCMOS, and got everything reset. It's up and working now! Still have no clue what happened, but I'm happy I can see and everything seems to be working fine now (after fixing the BIOS settings to the necessary Hackintosh settings).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back