Contribute
Register

Mac OSX Sierra troubles during install on X230 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'll see what's the easiest for me...

Concerning Kext Wizard, is it compatible with OS X 10.12 ? and where can I find the last version ? I made search on youtube but the version number isn't shown overtime and I couldn't find the official page of this tool.
I wanna solve the sound, ethernet and battery issue in priority, then Wifi

I don't use Kext Wizard, but it was working with 10.11 and nothing has changed with 10.12 with regard to installing kexts.

Hello,

I tried to install a few KEXT thru KEXT WIZARD and for the moment it's pretty disappointing.

Ok I'm not familiar with DSST and other features so I really rely on existing KEXT.

What is working :
- IntelMausiEthernet : your fork Rehabman :)
=> I tested surf with safari and it's working well so far

What's not :
- Battery : your module Rehabman and the one I got from a supposed working X230 Under 10.11
=> Showing crossed batterie, saying that battery is weak and that I should connect to power (it was connected to power at this time). So usual ACPI for battery isn't working
- Sound : supposed to be AC269 : I tried all the version provided in you faq link and a dummyHDA that was supposed to work in 10.11. I added HDAEnabler3.kext which if I understand well was supposed to give a "profile" for laptop. Have no sound at all :(.
I'm I supposed to inject CodecCommander now or is it supposed to work without (I read CodecCommander was essentially supposed to fix a "resume from" hibernation issu)
- Backlight : Tried your ACPI version and an intel version KEXT supposed to work with 10.11. But in fact I don't really now how to test it. I read about remapping some keyboard keys, but it's still a but complicated for me.

Hello,

I tried to install a few KEXT thru KEXT WIZARD and for the moment it's pretty disappointing.

Ok I'm not familiar with DSST and other features so I really rely on existing KEXT.

What is working :
- IntelMausiEthernet : your fork Rehabman :)
=> I tested surf with safari and it's working well so far

What's not :
- Battery : your module Rehabman and the one I got from a supposed working X230 Under 10.11
=> Showing crossed batterie, saying that battery is weak and that I should connect to power (it was connected to power at this time). So usual ACPI for battery isn't working
- Sound : supposed to be AC269 : I tried all the version provided in you faq link and a dummyHDA that was supposed to work in 10.11. I added HDAEnabler3.kext which if I understand well was supposed to give a "profile" for laptop. Have no sound at all :(.
I'm I supposed to inject CodecCommander now or is it supposed to work without (I read CodecCommander was essentially supposed to fix a "resume from" hibernation issu)
- Backlight : Tried your ACPI version and an intel version KEXT supposed to work with 10.11. But in fact I don't really now how to test it. I read about remapping some keyboard keys, but it's still a but complicated for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hi and thank you for all the help provided.
I need a working mac for this week so I gave up and finally bought a MacBook mid 2012 for a faily good price (as good as MacBook prices can be fair :)).

The Learning curve of hackintosh building is somehow too high. The rules of 80/20 is often reached. Having 80% of a mac in 20% of the time , but needing to invest the resting 80% (or more) of time in order to have a 100% working mac-like.

I spent a lot of hours playing with dsst , recompiling, etc... without success and I eventually even broke my clover boot...

It's a nice challenge anyway.

hello,

i have one question, the intel wifi and bluetooh card is supported by sierra like the precedents version ?

tanks in advance

Im running macOs sierra 10.12.3 in thinkpad X230
so far is OK but i can't enable Vga port for eksternal display
please help me ,,, herewith my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 144
Im running macOs sierra 10.12.3 in thinkpad X230
so far is OK but i can't enable Vga port for eksternal display
please help me ,,, herewith my EFI

VGA not supported. Use HDMI or DP.

Status