Contribute
Register

Mac OSX Sierra troubles during install on X230 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm "Inside" Sierra :) so before post install.
But the only think I changed with to switch from "quick boot" to "diagnostic boot" and having to chosse F12 in order to choose the USB media everytime even if USB is on top of BIOS priority boot list.

Everything seems a mystery for me..I hate this feeling

I'll install clover on my disk and begin to check what is and isn't working.

I enabled quick boot again and no problem, so since i didn't change anything I Wonder why it worked suddenly.

Sierra is stable. No sound, network, webcam, red button, hibernate etc... but screen, keyboards, touchpad, usb is okay.

I'll check for kext in order to activate sound and ethernet. I'll have to buy a usb wifi key for having wifi because of Thinkpad whitelist.

So you advice to use Kext Wizard in order to inject kext in kernel cache instead of putting them in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/Other ?

2) Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra (name of the USB install)

So if I choose option 2 in order to follow phase 2 I stuck on this lonely white apple Logo ...

Attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (remove 'themes').

I enabled quick boot again and no problem, so since i didn't change anything I Wonder why it worked suddenly.

Sierra is stable. No sound, network, webcam, red button, hibernate etc... but screen, keyboards, touchpad, usb is okay.

I'll check for kext in order to activate sound and ethernet. I'll have to buy a usb wifi key for having wifi because of Thinkpad whitelist.

So you advice to use Kext Wizard in order to inject kext in kernel cache instead of putting them in EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/Other ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Thank you very much Rehabman :)
I'll read your faq after work this evening and try to make sound, ethernet, battery work. I know I'll have to use an usb adapter for wifi and will have to cheat a bit in order to control volume and brightness.

Some questions may follow....

Thank you very much Rehabman :)
I'll read your faq after work this evening and try to make sound, ethernet, battery work. I know I'll have to use an usb adapter for wifi and will have to cheat a bit in order to control volume and brightness.

Some questions may follow....

USB WiFi is not recommended. Read the FAQ carefully.

USB WiFi is not recommended. Read the FAQ carefully.

Yes I know. I also hate Wifi usb adapter, but Lenovo has this annoying whitelist.
I read about rebranding, and I'd try it if OSX would be the only OS on this machine, but I'm switching between Linux, OSX and W10 and I read I could have troubles with rebranding in this case. So no real other choice at the moment :(

Yes I know. I also hate Wifi usb adapter, but Lenovo has this annoying whitelist.
I read about rebranding, and I'd try it if OSX would be the only OS on this machine, but I'm switching between Linux, OSX and W10 and I read I could have troubles with rebranding in this case. So no real other choice at the moment :(

You can rebrand an AR9280 and use FakePCIID to enable it.
Then use USB WiFi in Windows and Linux.

You can rebrand an AR9280 and use FakePCIID to enable it.
Then use USB WiFi in Windows and Linux.
Well I'll see what's the easiest for me...

Concerning Kext Wizard, is it compatible with OS X 10.12 ? and where can I find the last version ? I made search on youtube but the version number isn't shown overtime and I couldn't find the official page of this tool.
I wanna solve the sound, ethernet and battery issue in priority, then Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back