Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I'm new on the forum and pretty new in the hackintosh world also.
A few years ago I could setup a desktop computer with maverick by using chimera, but that's all.
Recently i'm trying to install OSX Sierra on a Lenovo X230 laptop.

I followed many tutorials. Made a lot of mistakes, but yesterday I could finally boot on a USB key.
Usb Key has been generated by the usual "sudo..." command in a terminal Windows under OSX yosemite on a VMware install.

Then I installed Clover (3773) with the usual settings :
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

I replaced the standard config.plist with the "config_HD4000_1366x768.plist" and renammed it of course
I copied HFRPlus.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
And added the usual ktext (fakeSMS, Voodoo, no ethernet, Generic-usb3) (hope I dont forget one, i'm listing it by memory since i don't have my VM here at work.) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (I erased 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11)

And miracle, I could boot without any trouble.

I erased my Samsung SSD during install and installed Sierra on it. The whole progress bar reached the end.

But after rebooting I'm facing the Apple Logo, without anything else...no progress bar.
And the strangest is that even if I try to reboot on the Sierra installation option in Clover I'm not going further either.

If I extract the SSD and erase it totaly in another computer then I can boot again on the clover USB key and repaet the installation process.

But again stucked on the Apple Logo and no reinstallation possible without erasing the SSD, not even booting on the install program.

Any idea please
sad.png

Thanks a lot.

Hello,

I'm new on the forum and pretty new in the hackintosh world also.
A few years ago I could setup a desktop computer with maverick by using chimera, but that's all.
Recently i'm trying to install OSX Sierra on a Lenovo X230 laptop.

I followed many tutorials. Made a lot of mistakes, but yesterday I could finally boot on a USB key.
Usb Key has been generated by the usual "sudo..." command in a terminal Windows under OSX yosemite on a VMware install.

Then I installed Clover (3773) with the usual settings :
- check "Install for UEFI booting only", "Install Clover in the ESP" will automatically select
- check "Bluemac" from Themes (the config.plist files I provide use this theme)
- check "OsxAptioFixDrv-64" from Drivers64UEFI

I replaced the standard config.plist with the "config_HD4000_1366x768.plist" and renammed it of course
I copied HFRPlus.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
And added the usual ktext (fakeSMS, Voodoo, no ethernet, Generic-usb3) (hope I dont forget one, i'm listing it by memory since i don't have my VM here at work.) to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (I erased 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11)

And miracle, I could boot without any trouble.

I erased my Samsung SSD during install and installed Sierra on it. The whole progress bar reached the end.

But after rebooting I'm facing the Apple Logo, without anything else...no progress bar.
And the strangest is that even if I try to reboot on the Sierra installation option in Clover I'm not going further either.

If I extract the SSD and erase it totaly in another computer then I can boot again on the clover USB key and repaet the installation process.

But again stucked on the Apple Logo and no reinstallation possible without erasing the SSD, not even booting on the install program.

Any idea please
sad.png

Thanks a lot.

There are two phases to the install process.

See post #2 in the guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thank you :) waouw Rehabman...I took the keyt on your page...!!!

Well in your description :

3. Press spacebar (or plug in a USB keyboard) if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install OS X to your formatted partition. If you used the "Unibeast method" or "BaseBinaries clone method", skip to step 7. If you used the 'createinstall media' method, please continue, the installer will extract necessary files to and verify them against the USB. This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

4. Restart and again boot to your USB as you did in step 1.

5. Clover bootloader screen shows up. For versions prior to 10.12, select "install_osx" as you did in step #2 (your OS X Installer partition, not your install target partition). Note that macOS Sierra is a bit different in that you will see an "Boot macOS Install from ..." entry in Clover on your target partition at this stage. For 10.12, boot that entry instead of install_osx on the USB.

6. Install screen will appear and continue installation. This time, installer will install files to your target partition and create Recovery HD partition. This will end PHASE 2.

7. Restart and again boot to your USB as you did in step 1 and step 4.

8. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.

9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.

I got stucked on point 5

I already have 3 entries in Clover :
- Boot Mac OSX for OSX (OSX is my HDD name created in diskutil during installation phase)
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD
- Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra (so the install on USB I started previously)

I haven't tried the second option, but 1 and 3 are directly bringing to the Apple Logo, without progress bar or the turning color mouse icon.

If I press spacebar on option 1 and select verbose (-v)

The only ouptut I get is

OsxAptInFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate Wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_

and nothing more...

if I start option 3 with verbose also I get nearly the same

OsxAptInFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
and same two lines as above

Thank you :) waouw Rehabman...I took the keyt on your page...!!!

Well in your description :

3. Press spacebar (or plug in a USB keyboard) if a nagging screen about Mouse/keyboard appears. Install screen will appear, use Disk Utility to format your drive as GPT, create a Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) partition and install OS X to your formatted partition. If you used the "Unibeast method" or "BaseBinaries clone method", skip to step 7. If you used the 'createinstall media' method, please continue, the installer will extract necessary files to and verify them against the USB. This takes a lot of time at the end, though you only see "a minute remaining". This will end PHASE 1.

5. Clover bootloader screen shows up. For versions prior to 10.12, select "install_osx" as you did in step #2 (your OS X Installer partition, not your install target partition). Note that macOS Sierra is a bit different in that you will see an "Boot macOS Install from ..." entry in Clover on your target partition at this stage. For 10.12, boot that entry instead of install_osx on the USB.

6. Install screen will appear and continue installation. This time, installer will install files to your target partition and create Recovery HD partition. This will end PHASE 2.

7. Restart and again boot to your USB as you did in step 1 and step 4.

8. Clover bootloader screen shows up, select "Boot OS X from YourPartition". "YourPartition" will be named depending on what you chose in Disk Utility in step 3.

9. If everything goes well, you will finish up the installation process and arrive at the OS X desktop.

I got stucked on point 5

I already have 3 entries in Clover :
- Boot Mac OSX for OSX (OSX is my HDD name created in diskutil during installation phase)
- Boot Recovery from Recovery HD
- Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra (so the install on USB I started previously)

I haven't tried the second option, but 1 and 3 are directly bringing to the Apple Logo, without progress bar or the turning color mouse icon.

If I press spacebar on option 1 and select verbose (-v)

The only ouptut I get is

OsxAptInFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi
Using reloc block: yes, hibernate Wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_

and nothing more...

if I start option 3 with verbose also I get nearly the same

OsxAptInFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IABootFiles\boot.efi
and same two lines as above

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thanks a lot..I'm still at work, but will do that as soon as i arrive at home.

Really I need to practice OS X :) what an adventure to make a mounting point to EFI and zip it...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 218
Really I need to practice OS X :) what an adventure to make a mounting point to EFI and zip it...

suggestions:
- remove all kexts in CLOVER/kexts/Other except FakeSMC.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext
- fix your profile (see below)
- disable weird options your Thinkpad BIOS may have (eg. TPM, etc)

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Thanks. I put more infos in my profile signature.

I'm currently trying a new install with only the 2 ktext above.

After install of sierra and first reboot I have 2 options in Clover.

1) Boot macOS install from MacOSX (name of partition on SSD)
2) Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra (name of the USB install)

Thanks. I put more infos in my profile signature.

I'm currently trying a new install with only the 2 ktext above.

After install of sierra and first reboot I have 2 options in Clover.

1) Boot macOS install from MacOSX (name of partition on SSD)
2) Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra (name of the USB install)

So if I choose option 2 in order to follow phase 2 I stuck on this lonely white apple Logo ...

Question 1 : between point 3 and 4 in your procedure

I'm supposed to restard "manually" when the progress bar is reaching "a minute remaining" ? because I was waiting and my machine is restarting automatically.

Question 2 : point 5 & 6

between the 2 options I mentionned abose, is the second one , the one I'm supposed to choose after I restarted ? " Boot OSX Install from Install macOS Sierra" in order to follow the installation in phase 2 ?

Other infos :

BIOS settings

In order to boot the Clover from the USB, you should visit your BIOS settings:
- "VT-d" (virtualization for directed i/o) should be disabled if possible (the config.plist includes dart=0 in case you can't do this)
=> is Enabled because I'm using Windows 10 and Linux OSes .. no multiboot, but I'm switching SSD Caddys
- "DEP" (data execution prevention) should be enabled for OS X
=> I couldn't find this one in my Bios
- "secure boot " should be disabled
=> Is disabled
- "legacy boot" optional
=> I'm in hybrid boot with priority to EFI Boot
- "fast boot" (if available) should be disabled.
=> Oups is enabled , i'll try to disable it asap
- "CSM" (compatibility support module) enabled or disabled (varies)
=> CSM automaticaly enabled in hybrid mode with priority to EFI Boot
- "boot from USB" or "boot from external" enabled
=> Done

I progressed a bit , but without knowing why.

Computer screen is staying black after reboot. So I force F12 in order to choose the USB Key as boot media.
Now I could choose the install and progress bar is following, but why now and not before ?

UEFI is really a **** for old IT boys like me....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back