Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C.44 said:
Just installed the R1496 Chameleon version. No joy. No iCloud, no FaceTime, no AppStore. Trying to figure out why the hell i updated in the first place...
On page 24 of this thread you can find a possible solution, take a look at majinpowers's post.
I have the same problem, here, but now I cant't try this (at work ;)
Let me know if it works!
Good luck!

Following a successful 10.7.2 ComboUpdate, iCloud was giving me errors when I would input my ID info.
I took the advice of others and changed my serial number using ChameleonWizard, and with a reboot iCloud is running.
This did not break anything on my system and I still have access to the AppStore.

Now, I don't know if this matters or not, but when I was tinkering with my serial# I was checking on
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php to get some info about it.
What I noticed was that the MB4.0.2 generated S# registers with a build date of either Nov. 11 or Dec. 11, at any rate, the future.
I played with this until I had a S# for a build that is in the past.
Like I said, I don't know if this matters, or if it should, but that's the approach I took and it seems to have worked.

rossbrody said:
Following a successful 10.7.2 ComboUpdate, iCloud was giving me errors when I would input my ID info.
I took the advice of others and changed my serial number using ChameleonWizard, and with a reboot iCloud is running.
This did not break anything on my system and I still have access to the AppStore.

Now, I don't know if this matters or not, but when I was tinkering with my serial# I was checking on
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/identify-mac-serial.php to get some info about it.
What I noticed was that the MB4.0.2 generated S# registers with a build date of either Nov. 11 or Dec. 11, at any rate, the future.
I played with this until I had a S# for a build that is in the past.
Like I said, I don't know if this matters, or if it should, but that's the approach I took and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for this post- After some more testing I've summarized how to change it manually here- it's not difficult. I'm pretty sure this is only for initial iCloud setup- if you haven't done it on another device first.

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=34842

giacomoleopardo said:
C.44 said:
Just installed the R1496 Chameleon version. No joy. No iCloud, no FaceTime, no AppStore. Trying to figure out why the hell i updated in the first place...
On page 24 of this thread you can find a possible solution, take a look at majinpowers's post.
I have the same problem, here, but now I cant't try this (at work ;)
Let me know if it works!
Good luck!

I'm not having problems with my serial ;)

Anyway, i had to remove the entire EFI device string in which i had GPU+NIC (GPU for acceleration and NIC for AppStore access) the AppStore kept kicking me out. I installed NVEnabler.kext as suggested on page 20. I tried a bunch of different bootloaders and finally stuck with R1496 (really was just the last one i bothered to download and try).

I still didn't have access to the AppStore, FaceTime or iCloud (This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.). Since i still would have access to my Lion install through a Leopard install on another partition i created a EFI device string just for my ethernetcard and put that in my boot.plist.

After a reboot i could login to the AppStore again, but iCloud let me in as well. Facetime does too... but somehow i can't get the calling mechanism to work. It won't call my iPhone4 and if i try to call my Hack from my iPhone4 it'll just tell me that i'm busy. Same when i try to call my wife's iPhone4. No idea what's going on with that.

Tried the combo update, update runs fine but when try to run multibeast, get installation failed message.
Multibeast installed after several attempts but get KP at boot as soon as apple boot screen comes up, managed to restore to 10.7.1 via cloned disc.

OK, I will try explain the mistakes I have made and where I am at currently.

1. Downloaded Combo update and installed.
2. Installed new Chimera version
3. Ran Multibeast and ran Rollback for audio.
- Multibeast 4.0.2 failed.
4. Rebooted.

Now my machine is stuck on the apple logo at boot...even left overnight and still ther ein the morning.
Have tried to book with all suggested variations such as PCIRootUID=1, with the -x and -x on its own, -v and also single user but cannot get past this stage.

When booting with the variables, the screen freezes at the line:-

[ PCI Configuration begin ]

Any suggestions from here? I still have a snow leopard drive in the system that allows me to boot up still, but can anyone assist to recover the Lion drive or will a re-install be required?

Moral of this story, only upgrade the Combo and reboot.....then see what is not working and fix one at a time.

UPDATE: I installed the latest version of Chimera 1.5.4 and everything is working great!

Installed today with no prob on my Desktop and Macbook pro iPhone.

Having problems with iDisk. On my hackintosh I can not seem to get iDisk to work yet. I get this message every time I try and sign in.

35713297.png

Any ideas? Anyone elce having this issue???

Thanx again :clap: for all that u do!!!! :)

Scootman said:
OMG. What is this? Somebody?
Ah My firend had this
Make sure your BIOS settings are intact

Ugh... Anyone know how to "unserver" a Lion install?

I followed the directions in the Apple guide to remove Lion server. I thought it was gone, but nope! Seems the installer still thinks I'm running Server & won't let me install it.

I can install the Server combo, but I really don't plan to install Server again, I only had it on to check it out a bit so I'd like to get back to Lion Desktop.

Anyone know the trick to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back