Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frontier314 said:
Installed from Software Update, no problems with audio/graphics/sleep e.tc.
Motherboard is ASUS P7H55-M LE.

Do you have iCloud working? If so could you help me out? I have 10.7.2 running fine but I can't install the latest Chimera without a kernel panic. We have the same motherboard and graphics card so any information you have on how to get iCloud working would be awesome.

I think I might just not understand what to select while running MultiBeast for my setup.

Update via Combo update everything works fine!!!

No problem updated to 10.7.2 combo update as tony recommended :geek: . I feel the hack pro runs smoother with this update compared to previous version :thumbup: . iCloud new feature is also no problem, but honestly iCloud lacks of features...not really worth it. :p

Thank you again tony :headbang:

I installed the latest version of Chimera 1.5.4 and iCloud / Facetime is working great!

kil3t192 said:
Frontier314 said:
Installed from Software Update, no problems with audio/graphics/sleep e.tc.
Motherboard is ASUS P7H55-M LE.

Do you have iCloud working? If so could you help me out? I have 10.7.2 running fine but I can't install the latest Chimera without a kernel panic. We have the same motherboard and graphics card so any information you have on how to get iCloud working would be awesome.

I think I might just not understand what to select while running MultiBeast for my setup.

So far so good on 10.7.2. Ran Multibeast, check System Utilities and AppleHDA Rollback. Had to restart to get a successful Multibeast. Restart again to have sound. Geekbench and Cinebench similar to 10.7.0. Did not update to 10.7.1. :wave:

I want to summarize my problem and my solution to display issues with an nvidia graphics card:

Hardware:
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
Xeon W3520
9800 GT 1GB
12GB RAM
graphicsenabler=yes with no specific card data in DSDT

System was perfect on 10.7.1 with the latest Chimera fixing Facetime issues. I updated with the combo update and lost my displays (I run 2 monitors). I was able to remote into the system after boot from my MacBook Pro and saw that the card was recognized but the monitors were not. There were no monitors shown in system preferences. I then fired up a test partition and tried the software update to 10.7.2 and got the same result.

The solution was putting NVenabler kext (http://www.kexts.com/view/984-nvenabler.kext.html) into my extra/extensions folder as recommended several posts back. I seem to have full function back.

It's been since 10.5 that I've had to use this kext, so I'm not sure what changed between 10.7.1 and 10.7.2. The 9800GT had always just worked without any issues. Maybe a tweak to Chimera would help these video issues and allow removal of the extra kext. I haven't reverted back to an older bootloader to test yet.

This is an awesome thread!!

shaunvis said:
Ugh... Anyone know how to "unserver" a Lion install?

I followed the directions in the Apple guide to remove Lion server. I thought it was gone, but nope! Seems the installer still thinks I'm running Server & won't let me install it.

I can install the Server combo, but I really don't plan to install Server again, I only had it on to check it out a bit so I'd like to get back to Lion Desktop.

Anyone know the trick to do that?

I have the same problem. I had to do a clean install to get rid of it. I know there is a script that will deactivate all server files on Lion but it will not remove them and you can also have your system show up as Lion instead of Lion server but I didn't want to get into that. I don't have the site listed in my history browsing anymore since I am running on a clean Lion install, sorry!

Everything ok, just reinstalled sound.

GA-G31M-ES2C v2
NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT

Anyone having any problems with running any kext utility program? Even multibeast? I tried both the update, and combo update. Both causes problems when trying to use kextbeast, b7 helper, kext wizard and Multibeast.

FYI: Im updating from 10.7.1 GTX560ti, i5 650.

Thanks in Advance.

I used a Software Update on my 2011 MBP 13'. It seems the devise was bricked while rebooting from the update. The screen was totally black and I could hear a loud sound of the fan. You have to hold the power button to turn off the devise.

I tried to boot the devise from the Snow Leopard disk, but failed. Still black screen and fan noise after a few seconds pressing the power button.

I don't know if a rboot CD can fix this problem and it seems that I can't boot from the disk drive, so what can I do right now?

Hope somebody can give me some ideas. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back