Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZakisGarausis said:
msm said:
ZakisGarausis said:
Updated via combo update, rebooted. Had to ad my graphic cards ID to the kext and roll back audio. To enable audio I used MultiBeast 4.0.2, but with no success:( Tried to do the same with MultiBeast 3.8.0 - and succeed:):):) Everything else works out of the box! :thumbup:

P.S. Sorry for bad English:(

Which kext did you edit to get your video working?

This one - NVDANV50Hal.kext. My graphic card id is 10c3:10de. Then repair permissions with KextUtility. Don't know why, but MultiBeast System Utilities can't do that in this case. And graphic enabler must be on.

I'm kind of noob, so sorry for not very professional explanation and quite a bad English. But I hope this will help:)

Thanks for the info, I'll look at that kext. It's a little strange as I've always used graphicsenabler=yes for my 9800GT without any issues or modifications. I haven't been able to figure out what has changed with this update.

And by the way, your English is fine, no need to apologize for it.

Updated using combo update and used hdarollback for audio using MulitiBeast 4.0.2.

Worked flawless. iCloud up and running!

Guys, I'm getting crazy here, I wonder if anyone could help me.
First, when I updated, I could still boot, it was only my graphic card and audio that was not recognized anymore. Then, I used multibeast and got audio back, but, I have no ideia why, I installed that option "move extra to system extentions" and it f**** my whole system! I can't boot anymore, only with a cd boot from another forum. I've tried chimera and chameleon, new and old, and I can't figure it out. My video isn't recognized when I get to boot with that cd, when I try without it, I'm stuck at F718x fintek: found unsupported chip ID=0xa5 REVISION=0x13. Can someone help me please?

Well I did the combo update - after making sure I had a clone.

Rebooted and all is working as it was before!

To be safe I ran Multibeast/SYSTEM after the reboot.

:headbang:

Tony, is there a way to roll back that option to move extra to extension? I tried the known ways, but it really f*** up my system.
Also, is there a way to roll back to 10.7.1? Of course, another option besides backup from cloned hds...

Updated smoothly on my desktop machine (asus p5k, core i7 860, ATI 5870)

However it kernel paniced with the previous version of chimera I was using. Boots perfectly with rBoot disk 1.0.1

Cheers !

tnxgalaxy

Absolutely no issue on my Desktop. On My Asus A53 had to change AppleIntel CPUpowerMangement.kext version 166. Cannot sign on to iCloud with apple ID. Bluetooth shaky. I did use Multibeast 4.02. Otherwise, everything else ok.

Software Update to 10.7.2 everything works, no problem. Had to run MB twice to get AppleHDARollback installed for some reason....only ran System Utilities first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back