Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.7.2 Update - The Official Thread (Desktops)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated with my config and combo update, re-run multi beast 4.0.2; no problem.

Core i3 540
GA-H55M-USB3
Gigabyte HD 5770 Design ref. (1Gb DDR5)
OCZ Vertex 2 60 Go
Samsung spinPoint F1 500 Go

10.7.2 Killed my DVI and the VGA on this monitor is pretty abysmal. This was an issue that I used to have in 10.6.6 but resolved using Multibeast and DSDT.

This time the issue has returned and it is not amenable to any of the fixes I've tried. If anyone has any suggestions on how I might return function to the GeForce 210 DVI, I'm all ears. Otherwise I'm going to have to pick up a Fermi card since they seem to be well supported. The 210 is a piece of **** anyways.

Very odd indeed. Is there any chance replacing the nvidia kexts w/ 10.7.1 kexts would get this thing up again until I can get a new video card?

GA-P35-DS3R / Sapphire 5770 / Crucial M255 + HPT RR3120 Raid (as data disk)

Combo update installed, reboot ok.

AppleRTC seems not changed after update.
Repatch AppleHDA to get ALC885 (889a) work.
Update chameleon to 2.1 r1627VS to get iCloud work (I think RAID doesn't matter as I'm on hardware RAID)

Waiting for TRIMEnabler update.

Installed form combo, told Multibeast to run HDA Rollback and system utlities before rebooting. Multibeast complained that it couldn't do it, rebooted and it was all ok anyway.

finally got mine to go through... i KEPT getting a kernel panic through the software update and through the combo update (about 3-4 minutes in). finally, i reinstalled lion with only the newest EasyBeast, nothing else, and updated to 10.7.2 combo (which worked fine). I also re-ran EasyBeast, again, before I restarted my computer.

when i was back in my system i removed all the kexts from S/L/E that Easybeast installed, and then ran my normal UserDSDT install to get back to full functionality as i was before, and installed the few extra kexts to get sound working

Updated with combo + restored Audio --> works fine.

But i still have the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account." Problem:
- I did change the serial# + reboot = same result

It is mentioned to upgrade to the latest Chimera...
Question:
- what should it change/why should Chimera 1.5.x solve the iCloud issue ??

I dont want to change boot loader if everything else works so smoothly!

Thanks
G.H.

1/Update install without problem. Just deleting audio HDA from apple and tweak my ati radeon kext.
2/But i have a wifi problem: my wifi card is an ralink RT2860 chip, and i use the ralink drivers & wifi utility from ralink site (for SL 10.5). Now on the wifi utility, i can't choose/manage/connect to a SSID. It list all wifi's hotspot but unable to connect (no configuration page appear when i click on the connect button) .
Wifi hangs often. Many network issue with this version. I'd to rollback to 10.7.1.

Installed ok on mine which is a week old build on a Z68-UD3

i did mine via combo update and it seem to have resolve my sleep issue

once i had reinstalled custom beast

I am all iclouded up now not that I will use this service

knizmi said:
To all with non-working iCloud.

I was first using the newest Chameleon, and at first I bumped into the "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" problem. So I switched to Chimera and rebooted.

After switching to Chimera I received the "Account Limit Reached - This device is no longer eligible for creating an Apple ID."

I thought that there has to be a way how Apple identifies your computer, so I used the Chameleon wizard to generate a new smbios with an actual week of manufacture, unique number and a serial. This is what worked for me and now I am enjoying all the benefits of iCloud :)

Hi, this worked for me. iCloud and FaceTime now works. appstore was already working prior to this fix.
specs:
core 2 quad, p5kpl-am se, 4 gb ddr2, 8800 gt, sound blaster audigy platinum ex.

I stil have a problem with facetime and iclouad, and i have tryid evrything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back