Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
but then there is or not a method for not having the KP during the installation?
I read around a lot of things but I see no guide to help me solve this problem.

my sistem is asus-p5q + Q9550 + 4g Ram + nvidia 7400 gs
i have update my sistem , i have lost only audio driver
with kext helper i have intalled again the 10,6,3 driver
now all working well

labbratonanti said:
but then there is or not a method for not having the KP during the installation?
I read around a lot of things but I see no guide to help me solve this problem.

One of your problems is your graphics card. See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/

Updating is quite simple really. I've updated my sandy bridge laptop, Z68, P55-UD4, P55-UD2, and my wife's UD3P without any KP's.

So if you need a guide here it is.
Have a bootable backup first, use CCC or super duper.
Then a proper DSDT, accurate Boot.plist, and correct smbios.plist (SMBoardProduct entries, etc.).
And one of the most important items is a NEWER booter. The latest as of this morning is RC5 r1062. Download it and compile it. It supports 10.6.8 and of course 10.7.
Good luck and remember this is a hobby.

Oh yeah, my non OCed P55 boots is 4 1/2 seconds.

H67N got a KP during the install:

AppleSMCPDRC - unrecognized Device Type - IOPLATFORMPLUGINFAMILY.

After rebooting I get to the desktop, but receive a "finder quit unexpectedly"...

Installed to a cloned partition, so I didn't hose my 10.6.7 install.

Not sure if changing smbios from MacBookPro8,1 to something else will help or not.

I'm running a p67-ud7-b3 with a gtx460 and I've had no luck whatsoever. Usually, I can get through the update ... but by the time I try to install the new graphics drivers I suffer a falling curtain KP. Fortunately, I have carbon copied the disk so I have saved myself a ton of rebuilding each time the install fails. Has anyone had any luck with this board? I've done a search on the forum and I can't locate anyone who has tried with this specific motherboard.

Thanks
Rick

ok guys, had lot of problems with 10.6.8

I upgraded hardware a couple of weeks ago, and decided to wait for lion to install mac os. But in the end Lion will be sold just by apple store, so 4 days ago I tryed to reinstall system.

I installed 10.6.7 with combo update with no problem. Then I couldn't work on pc for some days, and when I was back, I read about new update. So I downloaded it. Like a fool, I deleted all old stuff for installation. That was so fu@[#ng stupid... I know. Well, I made a fresh isntall, just to be clean, and just because I didn't install any software after comboupdate+multibeast. Got kernel panic during 10.6.8 combo update. I tryed again and again. I also tryed to reboot to see if in the end update was done. Nothing. Now I would like to go back to 10.6.7, waiting to find a solution. but I have not bridge helper anymore, and now is not available from downloads :S. What could I do?

hi, after install i choose italian language but my mac is only in english why?

silly me
i done the 10.6.8 update but forgot to do the fermi update (GTX480) and just clicked restart thats where my problem started, to fix it i had to use iboot cd and just boot it as norm by selecting my SL install then jump on my other 10.6.7 computer remote view the desktop and install nvidia drivers im now back up and running.

can i ask what happened to the tonymacx86 NVIDIA Update 2.0 cause multibeast log says to install that because drivers where taken out of the latest multibeast build, and to start off with the nvidia driver came up with some error and wouldn't let me install it, but i got it to work in the end (a reboot later).

and one more thing...... calm down, calm down, i dont get the grey spining wheel any more at the grey apple boot screen when it loads now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back