Contribute
Register

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxmizer said:
Official nvidia fermi and 4xx card dont work

This is completely not true. :thumbdown:

I've updated to 10.6.8 and run a GTX470 using the latest NVIDIA Quadro drivers from NVIDIA.

I am using ATI5770 display card + Dell U2410 and LG W2442 Monitor. After upgraded 10.6.8, I encounter the following problem.

My Dell U2410 cannot display and in sleep mode always. OS can detect the monitor but can't display anything even I changed the resolution.

Any recommendation ? Thanks.

got an idea, but no idea if it can work. what do you think? with carbon copy I have a clone of my 10.6.3 clean installation. I boot from there, I restore it to main hd. then I try to install combo update from carbon copy hd to the main. and the same with nvidia driver. do you think is possible?

ok, this way I was able to install 10.6.8 to main partition, but was not able to install nvidia drivers :S to run you need to be in 10.6.8

GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 F12 + Nvidia GT430 1024 MB > Updated successfully...

Here's how I did it..
- Cloned my working SL 10.6.7 using CarbonCopyCloner
- Rebooted
- Booted to 'cloned SL 10.6.7'
- Ran 10.6.8 to 'cloned SL 10.6.7'
- Rebooted
- Booted to SL 10.6.7
- Ran Kext Wizard
- Installed kexts for GT 430 n' IntelHDA from SL 10.6.7 to newly upgraded 10.6.8 using kext wizard
- Repaired n' Rebuilt everything using kext wizard
- Rebooted
- Selected newly upgraded SL 10.6.8
- Posted this from SL 10.6.8

Sleep/wake: working
Sound: working
USB: working
VGA: QE/CI, dual monitor working

Just upgraded GA-P55-USB3 V 1.0 with XFX 5770 to 10.6.8 manually. Had no sound as expected. Ran MultiBeast with AppleHDA Rollback and System Utilities selected. Reboot and sound is back. All seems well for this MOBO. Will do the same on the GA-X58-UD7 with xfx 6870 BE and report back. :headbang:

tonymacx86 said:
mangosquash said:
Installed perfectly.

(you guys had me worried!)

Ya- let's all report successes as well as failures ok? :D My update went very smoothly as well.

Good idea. Is there a pattern developing as to what is causing ppl particular issues. One thing I've noticed is that some of the ppl who had a trouble free update(relatively speaking) are using ATI cards.

Got it! here what I did:

1) cloned 10.6.3 clean install
2) rebooted to cloned install
3) started combo updated, but targeting main disc
4) opened nvidia drivers from my cloned 10.6.3. install didn't start, so I clicked with right mouse on it, and choosed "Show Package Contents"
5) navigated content to folder "packages"
6) copied packages to desktop, always running them targeting main disc
7) rebooted
8) entered 10.6.8 :) :headbang:

Everything fine except audio, working with reinstalling ALC8xxHDA+AppleHDA Rollback+System Utilities

Thank you guys to exists.

l0v3r

anyone who has installed speedstepper will more than likely have an issue. i ran the combo update on my board.. within minutes of installing i got a kernel panic on the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. now i cannot even boot into my machine. f-ing great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back