Logic Pro 9 Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
damndoe said:
Update to FF?
What are these 2 for? I never required those:
/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
/Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext

Also see Notshy's guide. I used my own Sandy Bridge guide ;-) to install my system, swapped motherboard/cpu/ram/graphics card using Notshy's guide+Notshy's infos on ATI graphics.

Thanks Damndoe,
Notshy is the man. He helped me with my OC. I only turn my OC on from bios when I feel like I need it. Right now I am trying to get what others are getting on they're stock settings with same hardware. I cleaned up my /Extra

/Extra/Extensions/ACPIMonitor.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IntelThermal.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xATA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xeSATA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/SuperIOFamily.kext

I took the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext out as that was experimental. I'm upto 64 tracks with my cpu max out as far as logic see's it. Using a couple other cpu monitors i can see my cpu being used at a max of 62%. Still working on making it better. Once I have it optimized then I will test OC vs normal cpu speeds.

EDIT:

Going to test turing p and c states off from bootloader :) think that could be the prob. i need to study for an exam that i have tomorrow though, can't try tonight.

My Build is:

P55M UD2
i7 870 2.93 (not OC'd)
8GB DDR3 1333
500GB 7200 HDD
8400 GS 512

Fine on 73 tracks at which point it falls over. But that's with this window open and me typing this. :D

lulraep said:
Logic Pro 9 Benchmark Thread

Okay so with Logic updated..

I can get to 50 tracks unmuted and stable on infinite loop.
More becomes unstable and more likely to stop after a while so I will say around 50 is the stable limit.

This is with:

* stock i5 2500k 3.3Ghz (speedstep not enabled yet) & stock Intel cooler
* ASUS P8Z68 V PRO board
* 4GB RAM DDR3

I will edit this and post back results after I have updated my system with a better cooler and got turbo and speedstep working hopefully...

thejoebot23 said:
damndoe said:
Using a couple other cpu monitors i can see my cpu being used at a max of 62%. Still working on making it better. Once I have it optimized then I will test OC vs normal cpu speeds.
I have the same situation. Like Logic is using about 65% of CPU power when maxed out...
Have you found the solution for this?
Thanks

Hmmm...I expected more. I get 56 tracks in 32 bit and 64 bit mode.

On another note, I couldn't find where in the hell you can set the number of threads. I looked all over the preferences and followed Apple's instructions, but it's no where to be found.

I'm at stock clocks right now on a i7 950 at 3.06GHz.

Does 56 sound low to anyone else?

Jabulani Jonny said:
Hmmm...I expected more. I get 56 tracks in 32 bit and 64 bit mode.

On another note, I couldn't find where in the hell you can set the number of threads. I looked all over the preferences and followed Apple's instructions, but it's no where to be found.

I'm at stock clocks right now on a i7 950 at 3.06GHz.

Does 56 sound low to anyone else?

I think its low as I'm getting just under that with my i5 2500k on stock settings.
From what I remember, you may have to update Logic Pro 9 (to 9.1.4) to see the 'THREAD' option in Preferences under the Audio tab I think.

Yeah, forgot I hadn't updated yet after the reinstall.

Okay, with the 950 OC'd to 3.82GHz and RAM at 1328MHz I'm getting 77 tracks, still below what I would anticipate, but it's unlikely that I'd use that many tracks in the real world. I may try to turn off Hyperthreading and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Okay, turning off HT only decreased the performance significantly; which is what I expected, but read where some folks had done that and saw improvements. Anyway, 77 tracks on a 3.8 OC is okay I guess. Was expecting better from the i7 950, but I doubt I'll use that many anyway.

Just curious, should Activity monitor be showing only 65% CPU usage when Logic is maxing out? See attached.
activity mon.png

And here's the CPU monitor in Logic. As you can see, the last core's not showing much activity, but I guess that may be due to it being assigned to the other computer processes. Is that right?
last core.png

Thanks!

Attachments

• activity mon.png
    activity mon.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 161
  • last core.png
    last core.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 199
I get, with my setup;

32bit = 24 Tracks
64bit = 24 Tracks

My setup is.....
i5-760 (O/C 3.8ghz)
Gigabyte p55m-ud2
4gb ddr3 1600mhz
ati 5770 1gb (asus cucore)
Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Logic 9.1.4

does this sound too low for this kind of setup? Compared to everyone else here?, because to me it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back