DFI Lanparty DK P45 T2RS S775
Q9550 E0@Stock
4GB A-DATA Xtreme DDR2@800-444-12-16
Onboard ALC885a
nVidia GTX260

Result:

22-26 Tracks

OC-Results will follow.

I am wondering why I can only get 34 tracks unmuted :confused:. Glad I found out I have been running in 32 bit mode haha. Surprisingly the amound of track I could handle decreased after booting in 64 bit mode.

Going to reboot with my 4.1 overclock on and see what I get :). Right now I'm running at 3.07 according to About This Mac.

Thanks for the cool post. I am only just begining to learn about this program and music making. Fun stuff.

Are you using Logic 9.1.3?

with the hardware you have you should be able to get comfortably around 70 tracks without overclocking :geek:

I got it upto 42 tracks now. I think there was some lag between switching preferences to 8 cores instead of automatic. I am running 9.1.3 but I did notice it says that it's running in 32 bit mode...

Edit:
Clicking right clicking on the Logic Pro application and going to Get Info showed me a 32 bit mode box checked. Unchecking that got me upto 58 tracks :).

aero++ said:
You can switch it to 64bit mode, you'll get more tracks but not twice as much ;)

you should still be able to get way more than 41 tracks in 32 bit check the gearslutz thread for a few pointers
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-co ... ktest.html

hope this helps
Thanks for the help aero++,
I don't understand why I get inconsistent results, I can't get upto 58 tracks anymore, same settings! Now I am at 45 ish. I optimized the settings as per gearslutz. I haven't read through much of the post to see any other optimization tips. The EXS24 and Virtual memory aren't parameters I see so I didn't apply that. I am running 256, medium, 8 cores on, with cpu saving on. Haven't applied my overclock yet. I want to see how if I can get upto 70 as mentioned here. It's so mysterious!

114 tracks , in infinite loop !! 120 tracks with random stops....
i7/950 OC'd to 3.8Ghz , i am glad i did not buy Sandy Bridge! [ Almost! ]

ar13 said:
114 tracks , in infinite loop !! 120 tracks with random stops....
i7/950 OC'd to 3.8Ghz , i am glad i did not buy Sandy Bridge! [ Almost! ]

ar13,
we have the same mobo. would you mind telling me what is in your extra folder?

/Extra
/Extra/dsdt.aml
/Extra/Extensions
/Extra/Extensions/ACPIMonitor.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ALC8xxHDA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
/Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext
/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IntelThermal.kext
/Extra/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xATA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xeSATA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/JMicron36xSATA.kext
/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
/Extra/Extensions/SuperIOFamily.kext
/Extra/Themes
/Extra/Extensions.bak.mkext
/Extra/Extensions.mkext
/Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist
/Extra/smbios.plist

at's what mine looks like. I am sure I could tweak things here a bit to get better benches. Thanks in advance.(btw mac lets you copy and past folders in to text to generate these lists fast)

Update to FF?
What are these 2 for? I never required those:
/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
/Extra/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext

Also see Notshy's guide. I used my own Sandy Bridge guide ;-) to install my system, swapped motherboard/cpu/ram/graphics card using Notshy's guide+Notshy's infos on ATI graphics.

62 stable tracks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back