Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Z68AP-D3 and mine is Hybrid EFI as well.

Set OS type to Windows 8 and boot mode to UEFI and legacy, make sure VT-d is off and tell it to boot from EFI: YourHDDhere first and you should be good to go.

Attachments

• bios1.jpg
    bios1.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 298
  • bios2.jpg
    bios2.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 225
Oh right, thought it did, sorry.

Well cheer up man!

I used your .kext with Chameleon Wizard and some other instructions from another thread on ******.

And everything works flawlessly!!
Like magic!

Thanks for the help man, happy to have this sorted out!

Hi, I'm on to buy a new AMD GPU (I don't like nVIDIA). But, I can't decide whether to buy an HD7750 or a new R7 250.
I know, that 7750 is supported, but what about AMD's new R7 series? Especially with the 250?
Thanks in advance

Type: 7850
Brand: XFX
Model: FX-785A-ZNL4
Device ID: 0x68191002
Status: Working after adding device ID to Kexts and enabling integrated graphics in BIOS. Scrolling causes slight flickering in the scroll bar area. Moving windows around causes edges of windows to redraw. Full screen Youtube playback is choppy.

I am not sure I needed to edit KEXT as my graphics worked as described below before changing integrated graphics to enabled.

I followed direction to change setting in BIOS. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z77-DS3H. With IGFX set as init display and Integrated graphics disabled I was able to boot and even select OS in Chimera boot loader. Once fully booted one screen would be black and the other white. The black screen would eventually flicker and display login screen. White screen remained white. I did the sleep trick but both screens remained the same after wake up. I then switched the integrated graphics to enabled. Both screen display normally after OS fully boots up.

I need to be able to dual boot so I hooked up one of my monitors to onboard graphics and I am able to see Chimera after Bios splash screen

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 11.52.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 11.52.42 PM.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 276
Well cheer up man!

I used your .kext with Chameleon Wizard and some other instructions from another thread on ******.

And everything works flawlessly!!
Like magic!

Thanks for the help man, happy to have this sorted out!

Great!

Type: 7870
Brand: ASUS
DeviceID: 0x68181002

I was wondering if someone could help me get audio working for this card thanks.

Type: 7870
Brand: XFX
DeviceID: 0x68181002

Installed in my z77x-UP5 TH...set BIOS to init internal, disable internal. Runs great -- full boot screens, etc (though this was unexpected, and I'm not really sure why it's the case).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back