Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummd said:
Hey Guys,

I tried to set up HDMI audio on my Sapphire Vapor-X 6850 (GA-EP35-DS3P) but had no luck.

I pasted the "Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit" into my Device(PCI0.EXPL) as instructed but GFX0 did not show up in IOReg.

A few quirks I noticed:

- It was labelled Device(PCI0.EXPL) not Device(PCI0)

- There was no "Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)" in my Device(PCI0.EXPL)

I have attached my dsdt.
Line 409: Device(PCI0)
Line 427: Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

It is best to start over. Good luck.

Oops, I was editing the wrong one... :oops:

Good news is that the edits worked and GFX0 and HDAU show up in IOReg, the bad news is that the edits disabled my onboard sound. I had sound through a DSDT HDEF edit and a patch of AppleHDA under 10.6.8, but after I upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 the sound worked without a patch to Apple HDA (though it was outputting to the black surround plug instead of the green one...). I had considered myself lucky... Any idea why this edit would have disabled it?

I feel like I'm getting so close here. I replaced the rollback HDA with 2.1.3 from the 10.7.2 update. I now see HDAU in ioreg but it doesn't look like it has the right amount of devices below it. I also have no output options in Sound. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LFEai.png

Taucesays said:
I feel like I'm getting so close here. I replaced the rollback HDA with 2.1.3 from the 10.7.2 update. I now see HDAU in ioreg but it doesn't look like it has the right amount of devices below it. I also have no output options in Sound. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What audio codec to you have on your motherboard? Please reply with your dsdt and a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ...). You Sapphire HD 5770 has beee know to make HDMI audio with just the HDMI audio dsdt edits

The files are attached. My mobo uses 889. I tried an AppleHDA 2.1.1 edited for 889 that you posted, no luck. I used to have sound using HDA rollback + ALC8xx. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    20.4 KB · Views: 124
  • desk.zip
    690.5 KB · Views: 103
Taucesays said:
The files are attached. My mobo uses 889. I tried an AppleHDA 2.1.1 edited for 889 that you posted, no luck. I used to have sound using HDA rollback + ALC8xx. Thanks in advance.
Is there a HDMI device plugged in? If so what is the HDMI device? What port is the HDMI device plugged into?

At the time of that save I don't think I had my TV plugged in. Here's a new ioreg sample. I'm not sure how to determine the port number that the HDMI is plugged into.

Attachments

• desk 2.zip
    693.1 KB · Views: 92
Taucesays said:
At the time of that save I don't think I had my TV plugged in. Here's a new ioreg sample. I'm not sure how to determine the port number that the HDMI is plugged into.
By port I meant connector, sorry. What connector on the graphics card is attached to the TV? Are you using an adapter?

UPDATE: Got everything working perfectly using the AppleHDA.kext from this thread. Thanks for all your help Toleda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back