Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Draft - Part 2a: Lion HDMI Audio DSDT Edits/Discrete - Draft

kbritolive said:
Here's the IOReg Copy attachment. Thanks.
It looks like you are using an audio enabler for your 662. For HDMI audio, you will have to remove the enabler. As well, you need to add connector-type injection to your dsdt (See Part 3b.) With the 430, no kext editing is required.

pieces152 said:
My problem is same.Please Help me!Here is my iOreg file.

Thank you!
Same as above, you have to remove the audio enabler. Regarding your 6670 graphics card, what ports does the card have?

First, I really appreciate all the hard work you and everyone else go through to find answers for all of us - a BIG thank you to all the Gurus!

My System:
MB - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Graphics - XFX 6870 (not using integrated Graphics/HDMI)
OS - Lion 10.7.1
Installation method - followed Gordo74's instructions, hers is the link:

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306&hilit=lion+clean+installMy

My Issue:
Unable to get HDMI Audio on XFX 6870 to work.

Problem Details:
IORegEdit 'display' shows PEG0 - so followed appropriate steps in your guide. In section 4 (Edit DSDT) step "i" after I paste and try to compile I get an error. Please see attached screen shots there is no error message. I am a new to all this & therefore not sure where to go from here or how to debug this. I appreciate your valuable feedback.

Attachments

• IORegOut.png
    IORegOut.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 556
  • DSDTComileError1.png
    DSDTComileError1.png
    180.5 KB · Views: 543
  • DSDTCompileError2.png
    DSDTCompileError2.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DSDT.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 142
eJunky said:
First, I really appreciate all the hard work you and everyone else go through to find answers for all of us - a BIG thank you to all the Gurus!

My Issue:
Unable to get HDMI Audio on XFX 6870 to work.
I can't tell what the problem is from what you posted. Never encountered what you show. Suggest you start over. Before any edits, compile. You should see a window that says success. Normally, when you see the error message, click OK and another window comes up with the errors.

toleda said:
I can't tell what the problem is from what you posted. Never encountered what you show. Suggest you start over. Before any edits, compile. You should see a window that says success. Normally, when you see the error message, click OK and another window comes up with the errors.

I am able to compile my DSDT as is, with the sample code in your DSDT file and also by adding the code below DEVICE (PCI0) like you suggest for those with non PEG0 results from IORegExp - they all worked without any errors. It is only when I paste the code over the existing PEG0 code is when I cannot compile and get an unknown error. I have tried the entire process all over again thinking I may have done something wrong - but had no luck.

I had sent you my DSDT file, is there anything unusual about it (direct from TonyMac's DSDT database)? Is there any other information I can send that may help further investigate or do you have any other suggestions please?

toleda said:
kbritolive said:
Here's the IOReg Copy attachment. Thanks.
It looks like you are using an audio enabler for your 662. For HDMI audio, you will have to remove the enabler. As well, you need to add connector-type injection to your dsdt (See Part 3b.) With the 430, no kext editing is required.

Yeah, both HDAU and GFX0 now appears. Thanks!

eJunky said:
I had sent you my DSDT file, is there anything unusual about it (direct from TonyMac's DSDT database)? Is there any other information I can send that may help further investigate or do you have any other suggestions please?
Haven't seen your dsdt. Send me the dsdt that does compile.

toleda said:

Here is my original file attached. I am now back to my original DSDT file.

Edit/Update:
I think I figured it out, the Device PEG0 section I have to replace is not just 7 lines as show in screen shot of your guide, it is quite a bit more. Now when I replace the 'entire' existing Device PEG0 section I can compile with no errors. I am now going to apply this DSDT reboot and check with IOReg and update you in a few. Sorry, I should have looked closer at the code and not the screen shot.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.3 KB · Views: 139
eJunky said:
toleda said:

Here is my original file attached. I am now back to my original DSDT file.

Edit/Update:
I think I figured it out, the Device PEG0 section I have to replace is not just 7 lines as show in screen shot of your guide, it is quite a bit more. Now when I replace the 'entire' existing Device PEG0 section I can compile with no errors. I am now going to apply this DSDT reboot and check with IOReg and update you in a few. Sorry, I should have looked closer at the code and not the screen shot.
Do not remove any more than the 7 lines. The screenshot is correct! There is a different problem. Make the edit and attach the dsdt, even if it doesn't compile.

toleda said:
Do not remove any more than the 7 lines. The screenshot is correct! There is a different problem. Make the edit and attach the dsdt, even if it doesn't compile.

Here is the file that has the edits and cannot be compiled, is this what you meant by 'attach', send it for you?

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    190.8 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back