Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
eJunky said:
Got it working!!!!! Thanks so much for all your help, I appreciate it
Congratulations. Enjoy!

With the new AppleHDA.Kext ver 2.1 got my HDMI working but I lost my mic input, I only see a Line In under System Preferences=>Sound=>Input tab. Used to have a Mic in before; I have confirmed it by switching back to the old HDA kext (1.7...). Any suggestions please?

eJunky said:
With the new AppleHDA.Kext ver 2.1 got my HDMI working but I lost my mic input, I only see a Line In under System Preferences=>Sound=>Input tab. Used to have a Mic in before; I have confirmed it by switching back to the old HDA kext (1.7...). Any suggestions please?
Tell me about the "new AppleHDA.kext v2.1.1".

toleda said:
Tell me about the "new AppleHDA.kext v2.1.1".

I am using the attached HDA kext file (this has never modified in anyway, just like I downloaded it). This newer version made it possible to get my HDMI audio to work. In the process I lost my 'Mic In' in my Sound preferences - I am trying to understand what I can do to fix it.

What Kext controls the 'Mic In', is it the embeded AppleMikeyDriver.kext inside the HDA kext? What changed in this new version. Please help.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
eJunky said:
I am using the attached HDA kext file (this has never modified in anyway, just like I downloaded it). This newer version made it possible to get my HDMI audio to work. In the process I lost my 'Mic In' in my Sound preferences - I am trying to understand what I can do to fix it.

What Kext controls the 'Mic In', is it the embeded AppleMikeyDriver.kext inside the HDA kext? What changed in this new version. Please help.
I believe your motherboard audio codec is the ALC889. It is surprising you are getting any onboard audio because your codec doesn't exist in AppleHDA.kext. Layouts, path maps and pin configs define what you see as devices in System Preferences. I haven't prepared the 10.7.2 889_applehda.kext yet, however, I have a 10.7.1 version if you are interested.

toleda said:
I believe your motherboard audio codec is the ALC889. It is surprising you are getting any onboard audio because your codec doesn't exist in AppleHDA.kext. Layouts, path maps and pin configs define what you see as devices in System Preferences. I haven't prepared the 10.7.2 889_applehda.kext yet, however, I have a 10.7.1 version if you are interested.

Sure ,please. I am willing to try it. I have a backup of my system and I can always restore if I need to. Thanks.

Update1:
I am unable to find 889_applehda.kext, can you please send it to me or please point me to the URL?

Update2:
Found one that works with 10.7.2, version 2.1.3 - attached.
I now have my mic working. Thanks for your guidance.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 116
Hello, excuse my English, I am using the translator.

My system:

-Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion
Asus P6T-SE
-Graphics card: AMD HD 6870
Connected by HDMI-
Graphics-enabled = yes
-No change AppleHDA version 2.1.3
-Sound = Yes!

Use your HDMI Audio Snow tutorial for Mac OS X Lion.
Works from 10.7.0

I have correct the DSDT?

Everything works fine, but this well-edited?

Deputy DSDT

Thanks for your attention and for his work

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.HD6870.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 94
toleda said:
uachu said:
I have correct the DSDT?

Everything works fine, but this well-edited?

Deputy DSDT

Thanks for your attention and for his work
If it works, then the dsdt is fine.

Thank you. I was working but not convinced it have put the code.
I created a new DSDT, and have injected the code again and now I've put it in place.
He appears in "System Information" - PCI Card "

My DSDT, to help those in need

Thank you very much for your work!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 102
Hey Guys,

I tried to set up HDMI audio on my Sapphire Vapor-X 6850 (GA-EP35-DS3P) but had no luck.

I pasted the "Generic DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit" into my Device(PCI0.EXPL) as instructed but GFX0 did not show up in IOReg.

A few quirks I noticed:

- It was labelled Device(PCI0.EXPL) not Device(PCI0)

- There was no "Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)" in my Device(PCI0.EXPL)

I have attached my dsdt.

Attachments

• dsdthdmi.dsl.zip
    12 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back