Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
eJunky said:
Here is the file that has the edits and cannot be compiled, is this what you meant by 'attach', send it for you?

Fixed; extra closing bracket.

dsdt.aml

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.4 KB · Views: 185
toleda said:
Fixed; extra closing bracket.

dsdt.aml

Thanks, while waiting, I actually looked and saw that extra bracket and removed it & I was able to compile. I will use the one you provided & run MultiBeast again, just to make sure. With my version of DSDT (brackets removed) now I can see GFX0@0 but no HDAU. There are other posts where you talk about removing the enabler in referring to section 3b. I will work on that, once I have used your version of DSDT.

I also have one other confusion, about device ID from IORegExp display search - the very first step. Mine looks totally different, Please see attachment - not sure what device id I should use. I see PEGP@1 so I am using id 1. Can you please quickly confirm if it is correct?

UPDATE:
Got it working!!!!! Thanks so much for all your help, I appreciate it

Here is what I did - Followed your guide and in part 2 were you have to copy over the code for section Device PEGP (provided in your guide) over the existing section Device PEG0 in DSDT file, I had to drop the last "}" while copying over this was an extra bracket "}" & if you do not remove it, you cannot compile. After successfully compiling I used MultiBeast to install DSDT & rebooted. NOTE - Upon reboot, during IORegExp test, I found GFX0 but HDAU search did not find anything - that was ok for my config. I proceeded to Part 3 of your guide. In Part 3, I only had to install the latest AppleHDA.kext (version 2.1.1). Rebooted checked the sound section, and there it was, as seen below.

Could have not done this without your help! Thanks again toleda :thumbup:

Time to perform a complete backup with CC :D

Attachments

• IOReg_display.png
    IOReg_display.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 452
  • Sound.png
    Sound.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 414
Hi Toleda,

I have attached my DSDT.aml, and reg file, can you please check and see if they're HDMI audio ready?

If they're not, most likely because of ALC88x injection, how do I disable the injection?

- Thanks

Update: I went ahead and edit the dsdt.aml, I do see hda-gfx: <"onboard-1"> but not HDAU.

Halp?!!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    16.8 KB · Views: 171
  • spoiled11Reg.zip
    502 KB · Views: 86
spoiled11 said:
Update: I went ahead and edit the dsdt.aml, I do see hda-gfx: <"onboard-1"> but not HDAU.

Halp?!!
The dsdt attached does not have hdmi audio edits. The ioreg shows you have an enabler installed and no hdmi audio edits. Look in S/L/E for something enabler.

toleda said:
The dsdt attached does not have hdmi audio edits. The ioreg shows you have an enabler installed and no hdmi audio edits. Look in S/L/E for something enabler.

Here is the updated dsdt.aml.
I will remove the enabler and see how that goes.

Update 1: Removing the HDAEnabler888.kext brought the HDAU to life, I can now hear the sound through the speakers, but the output controls don't work.

Update 2: I guess there are no output controls in OS X for HDMI

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17 KB · Views: 174
spoiled11 said:
toleda said:

Here is the updated dsdt.aml.
I will remove the enabler and see how that goes.

Update 1: Removing the HDAEnabler888.kext brought the HDAU to life, I can now hear the sound through the speakers, but the output controls don't work.

Update 2: I guess there are no output controls in OS X for HDMI
Your dsdt looks right. Please attach a copy of ioreg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy...)
Digital audio devices in OS X do not have volume controls. Your TV, receiver, etc. provides that functionality.

I've looked around for awhile and I can't find anyone who has run into this. I am getting xvr0@c. This is where we are supposed to determine our display address, so I am not quite sure how to interpret this. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Attached is my ioreg.

edit:
this is for an evga gt 430 running on an old ga-e7aum-ds2h with a dsdt extracted from auto-patcher with hdef gigabyte. The system in my sig is not the one I am working on now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-16 at 8.04.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-16 at 8.04.16 AM.png
    290.8 KB · Views: 382
netcastle said:
I've looked around for awhile and I can't find anyone who has run into this. I am getting xvr0@c. This is where we are supposed to determine our display address, so I am not quite sure how to interpret this. If anyone has an idea, please let me know. Attached is my ioreg.

edit:
this is for an evga gt 430 running on an old ga-e7aum-ds2h with a dsdt extracted from auto-patcher with hdef gigabyte. The system in my sig is not the one I am working on now.
Please review FAQ http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back