Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lightroom Classic missing Import button - Not solved by reinstalling Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
yer a wizard @moomshooter ! Thank you!

So in summary. The I225-V does indeed need vt-d to not mess with applevtd (or at least LRC needs it). You can fix you'r tables or if you don't want to hassle seems like just enabling the ethernet properly on Mac OS will do as well.

What I did -
Enabled LAN in bios - check the device path of the I225-V (Hackintool is good for that). Added the device path to OC/Config/DeviceProperties and added device-id data F3158680. Added AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext (attached here) to OC structure and added e1000=0 to boot-args. Cleaned NVRAM (don't know if needed) and booted.

LRC 12.1 works again like a charm.
Yes.. thank you hneryi, it works!

Anyway I'm prone to think it's an Adobe problem and not a Mac/Hack problem... so all the users who have such an issue should call Adobe and ask for support. And then report back here, cause it could be useful to many others.
As the problem is solved so I could say that the problem from the config in EFI file, not adobe problem. Anyone has this problem just following the instruction of hneyl. Again thank you so much hneryl !!!

yer a wizard @moomshooter ! Thank you!

So in summary. The I225-V does indeed need vt-d to not mess with applevtd (or at least LRC needs it). You can fix you'r tables or if you don't want to hassle seems like just enabling the ethernet properly on Mac OS will do as well.

What I did -
Enabled LAN in bios - check the device path of the I225-V (Hackintool is good for that). Added the device path to OC/Config/DeviceProperties and added device-id data F3158680. Added AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext (attached here) to OC structure and added e1000=0 to boot-args. Cleaned NVRAM (don't know if needed) and booted.

LRC 12.1 works again like a charm.
That's what I was trying to say, glad to help。

@brixx @hneryi @Hacintosh2015 @P1LGRIM

Actually I have already reported about this bug and give my solution on July 31, but maybe people haven't run into this problem yet, so it didn't get much attention。

My Mobo is ASUS Z690-i. When I disable the Device Properties associated with the i225-V, the LightRoom 11.4.1 can't launch and crashed。When I re-enabled the Device Properties associated with the i225-V LightRoom returned to normal。

Thanks CaseySJ !

I running macOS Monterey 12.5 and a fresh installed Big Sur 11.6.6 on my Asus Z690-i built.

At first, I didn't know what was causing LightRoom to crash and not open, I thought it was caused by system upgrade from Monterey 12.4 to 12.5. Then I purposely installed Big Sur on another SSD to test the problem. I've been trying to find a solution for the past week, including changing the config file. I've been reinstalling Lightroom dozens of times, to no avail until today when I tried re-enabled the Device Properties associated with the i225-V. Then LightRoom started up properly.

VT-D enabled in BIOS.

Attachments

• Device Properties.jpg
    Device Properties.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Could you please share your config? Many thanks!
On bigsur and monterey no need to add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext in OC/Kext,it comes with the system.but on ventura this kext was deleted from systerm by apple。

Please modify your config file against mine, don't use it directly to avoid problems。

Attachments

• config bigsur monterey.plist
    36.1 KB · Views: 37
  • config Ventura.plist
    36.6 KB · Views: 41
  • AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.zip
    154.6 KB · Views: 44
ohh that's why you guys have had all these issues with LR... I had an i225v working, and that's why my LR is working.
Here is a complete guide by Casesj to configure the Intel ethernet:

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

It works again! I'm a professional photographer and I need Adobe suite to work! Have been working with hackintoshes 10+ years + a backup macbook to be safe. Still early to pull the trigger on a Mac Studio M1, my machine still works fast enough for my job!

So the solution (for Ventura), as mentioned:

- VT-D enabled
- AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
- PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0) device properties
- e1000=0 boot arg

Still my 225 doesn't work as an ethernet connection...don't know why! It appears in system report but it doesn't work. But who cares my USB3 ethernet controller works just fine!

@brixx @hneryi @Hacintosh2015 @P1LGRIM

Actually I have already reported about this bug and give my solution on July 31, but maybe people haven't run into this problem yet, so it didn't get much attention。
Nice! Once every few months I gloss over what's happening here so missed this. Luckily found this thread and your post.

Should the original description be changed to include Lightroom so that future problem seekers can find this easily? Also @P1LGRIM nice catch for op to link from z690 Asus post.

Thanks for changing the name of the post!

Still doing some testing, can't in any way have the 225 working on my machine... but just noticed that what makes Lr work is JUST adding AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext! Device properties are not needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back