Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lightroom Classic missing Import button - Not solved by reinstalling Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please list all the plist's that you deleted? Thanks!
Yes, sure!

If you are facing issues afterwards, you could try attaching the I225-V to the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext by using boot boot-arg dk.e1000=0 (Big Sur) or e1000=0 (macOS Monterey/Ventura).
If you can't access the Internet after flashing the custom firmware, remove the following preferences via Terminal and reboot and reset kext cache:

• sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

• sudo rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

• sudo kextcache -i /
After a few seconds, the connection should work. If you still can't access the Internet, delete the following preferences followed by a reboot:

• /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.necp.plist

• /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.plist

• /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkextension.uuidcache.plist

AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
Aew you using this kext as in the attached description? Or you quoted that just to show me the plist's? Cause with the kext and the boot arg I have no issues, without the network works flawlessly but Lr doesn't

Aew you using this kext as in the attached description? Or you quoted that just to show me the plist's? Cause with the kext and the boot arg I have no issues, without the network works flawlessly but Lr doesn't
Sorry for delay in answering... I was on holiday!

I'm using the following kext because it's the only one available under Ventura:

ethernet:
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x15f3
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x1043
Subsystem ID: 0x87d2
Revision ID: 0x0003
PCIe Link Speed: 5.0 GT/s
PCIe Link Width: x1
Driver: com.apple.DriverKit-AppleEthernetE1000
BSD Device Name: en1
MAC Address:
AVB Support: No

Hi All,

I'm also having the issue with LRC crashing. I have no import button, and when I attempt to change modules LRC crashes.

I have an AERO-G board with the I225-V ethernet. LRC worked great under Monterey. When I went to Ventura 13.1, I used this fix by @CaseySJ for enabling ethernet. For some reason I can't post the link, but looking at my ethernet attachment, I commented out that line with a pound sing.

I tried the fix fix by @moomshooter. I added AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext to OC/kexts. I added the boot arg of e1000=0. And I removed the pound sign to add the I225-V.

I still have the problem with LRC crashing. I also don't have an ethernet card in system report.

I have a call on Monday with Level 2 Adobe support since I'm paying for LRC, but I'm not sure that will be super helpful.

Does anyone have any thoughts on something I might be doing wrong?

Attachments

• SCR-20230114-pcu.png
    SCR-20230114-pcu.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 29
  • SCR-20230114-own.png
    SCR-20230114-own.png
    74 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm also having the issue with LRC crashing. I have no import button, and when I attempt to change modules LRC crashes.

I have an AERO-G board with the I225-V ethernet. LRC worked great under Monterey. When I went to Ventura 13.1, I used this fix by @CaseySJ for enabling ethernet. For some reason I can't post the link, but looking at my ethernet attachment, I commented out that line with a pound sing.

I tried the fix fix by @moomshooter. I added AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext to OC/kexts. I added the boot arg of e1000=0. And I removed the pound sign to add the I225-V.

I still have the problem with LRC crashing. I also don't have an ethernet card in system report.

I have a call on Monday with Level 2 Adobe support since I'm paying for LRC, but I'm not sure that will be super helpful.

Does anyone have any thoughts on something I might be doing wrong?
I’m in the same boat as you. Did all of the above and now can’t even get the system to boot. Picker went basic text, then won’t boot. I use Lightroom Classic everyday, this one is a deal breaker. I just upgraded my 9900k machine to a 12700k and I regret it immensely. Honestly, I’m ordering a new Mac mini M2. Can’t do it anymore! Ok, rant over. Sorry this wasn’t helpful, but you’re not alone with still having LRC issues.

I’m in the same boat as you. Did all of the above and now can’t even get the system to boot. Picker went basic text, then won’t boot. I use Lightroom Classic everyday, this one is a deal breaker. I just upgraded my 9900k machine to a 12700k and I regret it immensely. Honestly, I’m ordering a new Mac mini M2. Can’t do it anymore! Ok, rant over. Sorry this wasn’t helpful, but you’re not alone with still having LRC issues.
Going back to Monterey fixed it for me. There is a known issue with Lightroom and Ventura. Adobe said the next release will fix it. I couldn’t wait for it so reverted the OS.

Going back to Monterey fixed it for me. There is a known issue with Lightroom and Ventura. Adobe said the next release will fix it. I couldn’t wait for it so reverted the OS.
So is it a known issue with Ventura AND 12th gen? LRC was working fine for me on my 9900k / Ventura.

So is it a known issue with Ventura AND 12th gen? LRC was working fine for me on my 9900k / Ventura.
They didn’t say. Adobe support really sucks.

They didn’t say. Adobe support really sucks.
I really feel like a prisoner to Adobe. I need to switch to Capture1 and Resolve but Premiere and Light Room are so engrained in my workflow. Very frustrating!

I'm having the same issue but with I219-V. Would a similar path work for me? Do I need to use a different device id or kext?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back